Changing card back graphic in current version.

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
naked_eskimo

Changing card back graphic in current version.

Post by naked_eskimo »

Does anyone have some simple steps to follow ( using GIMP ideally ) on how to change the card back graphic in the current version? It looks like earlier versions you changed it much the same way you do other graphics in the current version--just a couple of clicks and you're done. But with the card back graphic, now, you have to edit the whole deck just to change the back. I'm not familiar enough with graphic editing to know how to easily do this. If it's a fairly simple thing, and someone feels kind enough to post a quick description on how to do it, that would be awesome.

Thank-you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Changing card back graphic in current version.

Post by Kent Briggs »

Do you already have a graphic for the card back? I've never used GIMP but most graphic editors have copy/paste functions. Just copy your back graphic onto the clipboard, load the full deck graphic, paste the back graphic on the very end over the old back graphic.

Alternatively, download my Image Stitcher utility, unstitch the full deck into 53 pieces, replace the back graphic in the last file, then stitch them back together:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... htm#stitch
naked_eskimo

Re: Changing card back graphic in current version.

Post by naked_eskimo »

Thanks! It was easier than I thought. I was able to do it easily with just mspaint :)