Help Setting up Tournamnet

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
helpme

Help Setting up Tournamnet

Post by helpme »

Hello,

I am trying to setup a tournament for my players online with a special format and i am confused as to what settings i should be using.
If someone can assist me in this that would be great.
(chips are of their own value and are not related to any fiat)
Buyins is 5000 chips
Fee is 500
Rebuy is 5000
late registration for 40 mins
Rebuys also for 40 mins
Max players is 20
Min players is 10

Tricky part is i want the first prize to be a physical item(like a camera or something which is worth 75,000 chips in fiat)
I want only TOP three players paid only.
1st prize- gift (75k chips)
2nd przie - what ever is left
third prize- whatvever of the prize pool is left.

Any help will be appreciated for setting up this tournament.

P.S I was thinking we can make a separate thread for tournament formats to help admins in the future

THanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Help Setting up Tournamnet

Post by Kent Briggs »

Is the 75k for 1st place coming out of the prizepool or will it be a separate prize that you award manually? If it's the latter, then you can just set a Payout Structure of "2-1000, 0.00, 67.00, 33.00" where only 2nd and 3rd get paid directly and you'll come in after the fact to add 75k to the winner's account. The whole payout system is based on percentages of the prizepool so you can't set a fixed amount since (in this case) you don't know how many entrants or rebuys there will be. You can set a guaranteed minimum using the Prize Bonus and Multiply Bonus fields but that applies to the whole prizepool, not first place alone.
helpme

Post by helpme »

Hello Kent,

The 75k will be coming out of the prize pool and the buyins.

Its a tournament where the first prize is 75k, the second and third prize will be the remaining pot left after rebuys and buyins.

So i guess its better to just make it GTD 100k chips for the pool,

Where make 75% first and 12.5% second and 12.5% for third.

Will that work ?
And if there are lets say max entrants and many rebuys the prize will be fixed accordingly.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

helpme wrote: So i guess its better to just make it GTD 100k chips for the pool,
Where make 75% first and 12.5% second and 12.5% for third.
Will that work ?
And if there are lets say max entrants and many rebuys the prize will be fixed accordingly.
The rebuys could send it over 75k but otherwise that will work.
helpme

Post by helpme »

Thankyou