Anyone interested in buying poker bot code ?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
johndoo

Anyone interested in buying poker bot code ?

Post by johndoo »

I will be fully commited on a new customer project for the upcoming months,
So no more time for a real poker project (it takes much more than just setting up a server and adding some bots to attract people on the tables).

I have built from scratch a poker bot software compatible with poker maven's 4.3x versions (and I presume with 4.xx versions).
Each bot can log in, choose a table from ring games list, take a seat and play (it uses an internal hands evaluator/odds calculator to bet with some added randomness).
This software can run on a linux server with a little tweaking (I have tested on a fedora server).

I want to sell the entire source code to someone that needs full control over the bots running on his poker server (or someone needing unlimited servers licence).
If you just need easy bots (clic and run) IPokerbot already does a very nice job and it will cost you much less money.

I have a demo server running with bots.

If you are interested send me an email: pokerkdo(at)mail.com [ replace the (at) with @ ;) ]
johndoo

Re: Anyone interested in buying poker bot code ?

Post by johndoo »

I received a technical question by email so I'll answer here for those interested:

* programming language/IDE: free pascal/lazarus => no licence to buy if you need to modify the bot code

* no multithreading : each bot is launched as a separate process => much easier to modify for the average programmer

* I will not take the money and run : I will help you to install everything (ready to compile) and explain you how the whole thing works

;)
PokerDoker

Post by PokerDoker »

i need a poker bot for poker maves, i am serious i emailed you but i did not get a reply , can we communicate?
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding by email but I live in Europe so perhaps you sent me an email while I was sleeping ;)

I have now answered to all the messages I received , so you should have an answer in your mail box.

Thanks !

Just as a side note :

* The bot software is a WINDOWS software , but I use it on linux through wine. So It is obviously compatible with Windows servers.
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

I have now reverted the poker client interface to English for those that contacted me and want to do some testing on my server, it will be easier to read.
I can also launch some bots on your server if needed.

I don't give the url here because my goal is not to advertise my poker site. ;)
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

So far I've received a few offers, but everyone seems to want something for nothing.

As you could expect , I will not sell and infinite servers licence with source code at the same price as a single server compiled software ... free lunch is a rare thing.

I perhaps have now something else to sell :ugeek: .. but I have a dilemma with this and don't want to be banned ... even if, as a side effect, this could boost poker maven's sales :oops:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

johndoo wrote:even if, as a side effect, this could boost poker maven's sales :oops:
Personally I think putting bots on your site is a waste of time and money. It's not going to attract real players to your site. If anything, it will probably repel any that show up as they will probably think you are running some kind of scam site, once they figure out the opponent is not human.
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

Concerning the bots I disagree a bit with you, when you start a new poker site, there is ZERO players so anyone (not only some players) coming to the site, will go away and never come back , and it becomes more and more difficult to attract players nowadays (poker is a mature business now).

So it is better to affraid "some" players , than every single one :mrgreen:

But you are perfectly right if you apply what you've pointed out to something else ... :oops:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

johndoo wrote:when you start a new poker site, there is ZERO players
A successful poker site needs to have a unique niche and/or preselected group of players that already have something else in common. You are unlikely to attract random strangers from the internet who could just go to PokerStars instead. Putting bots on your site will not change that. No one wants to play against bots.
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

Well the niche thing is mostly true , but a new poker room can offer attractive freerolls/promotions (when there are few players it is easier to collect some free chips), thay can lower the rakes below the known rooms, they can add new technologie (like PKR did in the past with 3D).
They will never become a new pokerstars , but they can grab a % of the global market.
So bots can help just to start (of course when you have some real players H24, you must remove the bots).

Bots when used to try to beat real players and take their money is not a good practice, but when it's just to maintain some activity H24 , this is a need.

My 2 cents.