Tracking buy-ins

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
naked_eskimo

Tracking buy-ins

Post by naked_eskimo »

Tried the software last night with my regular poker group and I have to say it was a blast! We totally loved it and now have a nice option for playing since we're kind of scattered across 3 different cities. Last night was a small trial with only 3 of us. What I am curious about, and was hoping maybe to get some feedback here, is how to track the real money involved.

The way I have it setup right now is each new account gets $60 in chips ( that's our usual buyin). Last night there were two rebuys which I just performed in the admin console by manually changing the balance for each player. At the end of the session, or going forward perhaps weekly or something, an Interac email money transfer is sent to settle up amounts. This seems fairly crude and perhaps error prone as the player group gets larger. I was just wondering if any other users have tackled this puzzle and maybe what you did or might suggest.

I don't expect any in depth solution for free or anything, but if someone has some casual tips they would like to share, it would be much appreciated. I can easily host another app or web server as well on this server. Also, right now I only have the Lite license.

Thanks
naked_eskimo

Re: Tracking buy-ins

Post by naked_eskimo »

Maybe something like an email gets sent when someone rebuys? And that email can be a group mailing list so that there is a record of who bought what and when...?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

All balance changes are recorded in the Event Log so you have a written record to go by. There's an Event Log Viewer utility available here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm

Use it to import your log files and then use the filter function to isolate specific transactions and players. For a more automated system, you would need to write some code, typically web scripting in a language like PHP that has a web interface tied to a database where you track deposits and withdrawals. Then it can call the Poker Mavens API to add or subtract chips to player accounts.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Thanks