Static html pages charset

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
johndoo

Static html pages charset

Post by johndoo »

Hello,

If I add a link in my "top html" that points to a static html page stored on the poker server, when I click on it it shows up BUT the charset seems to be modified by the poker server.
When I open the page in a browser (local file or through an url on another website) , all is OK (my page is UTF-8 encoded with the <meta> charset UTF-8 tag).
When I am on the poker client and click on the link at the top of the page , I obtain something that looks like UTF-8 to ANSI convertion (so when the poker server reads the static html and sends it to the poker client , some transformation occurs).

Exemple: I see "Présentation" instead of "Présentation".
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Static html pages charset

Post by Kent Briggs »

Email me a sample file that illustrates the issue so I can test it locally. Also include the text you are putting the "Top HTML" field.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm only seeing the issue with Internet Explorer. All other browsers seem to render the UTF-8 correctly. Apparently IE is looking at the http headers for rendering info and ignoring the meta tag. I can force IE to render UTF-8 by right clicking and selecting "Encoding".
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I think I have a fix for IE. I was only setting the charset for internal files fed by the poker server. For custom files it was defaulting to ISO-8859-1 and apparently IE grabs that from the response header and ignores the meta tag. Anyway, I'll set a UTF-8 header for all files in the next update.
johndoo

Post by johndoo »

Wow that's realtime debugging :mrgreen:

Thank's a lot, I can then continue to write html pages with UTF-8 and wait for the next update ;)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

This is now fixed in 4.34