Help Required

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
8ball

Help Required

Post by 8ball »

Hi

I downloaded your trial version 2.23 to run on a server I currenty rent

I have set it up and have started it, problem is if I use the client Module 1.11, I run into problems

Having opened the client version on my computer filled in all the relevant details, it lets me login to the server, which then moves me to the lobby part
but my name is not listed on the menu, so therefore if i try to register, unregister or start a game it just disconnects me. If i click the Table tab its just a blank screen, and if i look at the public listing of servers its not listed on there either

I have tried changing the various ports both file port and packet port but still not getting any joy

My contact for renting the server asures me that there is no firewall on the system

Ip for the server is 217.146.86.39
file port at the moment is set at 17940
packet port is set at 17941

and is currently running as "tec test"

Unless I have made some errors in setting this up, I personally think its a firewall problem

So any help you could give me would be appreciated

John
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Help Required

Post by Kent Briggs »

8ball wrote:Hi

I downloaded your trial version 2.23 to run on a server I currenty rent

I have set it up and have started it, problem is if I use the client Module 1.11, I run into problems
Client Module 1.xx only connects to Server Module 1.xx. That link on the web site is only for people running the old version. In version 2.x, the client is a Flash file and is automatically served to the player when they connect their web browser to your server's IP address + file port.