poker mavens in my server is slow

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: poker mavens in my server is slow

Post by Kent Briggs »

yakozaaa wrote:just renamed it , nothing
please help for speed
Email me with a link to your site and a test account so I can see how it performs for me.
yakozaaa

Post by yakozaaa »

i sent mail to you (website adress+ user+pass)
please keep my website adress private ;)
please tell me why mavens on my server is so slow , bottons, card shuffling , ... are verrrryyy slowwww
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

yakozaaa wrote:bottons, card shuffling , ... are verrrryyy slowwww
Card shuffling isn't something you can see. It's just a mathematical algorithm in the server that takes microseconds to perform. Did you mean the card animation is slow? Because that's all javascript and css performed by your browser on your local computer. The speed of the server has nothing to do with that. I logged into your site and everything appeared normal to me.

On a unrelated note, I'm in there now and it shows a tournament with a 12:30 pm local start time for me, which was about 20 minutes ago. So your server's system clock and/or time zone is not set correctly.
yakozaaa

Post by yakozaaa »

yes my mean card animation
i use google chrome last version , but the card hole animation to get card to every player at every hand is very slow + hanging!!!!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

yakozaaa wrote:yes my mean card animation
i use google chrome last version , but the card hole animation to get card to every player at every hand is very slow + hanging!!!!
What kind of computer are you playing on? I'm observing your #18 Holdem ring table right now in Chrome and the animation is fine. Try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps. Also try Firefox or IE and see if you notice any difference. In any case, there's nothing wrong with your server. Are any of your players complaining about the speed?
yakozaaa

Post by yakozaaa »

my laptop ram is 4gb ddr3 and cpu intel i3 and gpu nvidia 1gb
i use dsl internet and i have fast speed in other mavens sites , but in my mavens site speed is slow
most players say speed is slow
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Is your server located in the same country as your players? Also, I did notice that not all of the graphical elements loaded right away. What do you have set for the "Max FP connections per IP" value in the Server Settings group?
yakozaaa

Post by yakozaaa »

max fp connection per ip is 4
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

yakozaaa wrote:max fp connection per ip is 4
I would suggest making that at least 6 because Chrome and some other browsers like to open up to 6 http connections to retrieve media and other html files.