Some questions

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
adoni

Some questions

Post by adoni »

So with pro version or gold

I need to know the following

If both versions can do so, then please say both if only gold can say gold

Can PM run both public and private games?

Can a new account not be publicly created but limited to an admin where the players then log in after the admin sets up an approved account?

Can PM allow only the admin to add chips to a clients account?

Do you need the source for 10K to be able to have bitcoin integration etc?

Does PM allow for the server to have say some public free games while also having closed private games?

Does PM allow public games to have public buy ins while at the same time having private games where chip balances are controlled by the house?

Is the license for only one domain or multiple?

Does the license allow the same operator to use multiple servers so say one server can use a network to offer free public games where another server has private games?

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Some questions

Post by Kent Briggs »

adoni wrote:Can PM run both public and private games?
All editions can do that. Either with a password or with the permissions settings.
Can a new account not be publicly created but limited to an admin where the players then log in after the admin sets up an approved account?
Yes (all editions). Set "Allow new accounts" to No in the Account Settings group. That prevents players from creating accounts in the client interface.
Can PM allow only the admin to add chips to a clients account?
Yes (all editions). Make sure "Allow balance resets" is "No".
Do you need the source for 10K to be able to have bitcoin integration etc?
No, you can do all that with the built-in API (all editions) and your own web scripting. I don't license the version 4.xx source anyway.
Does PM allow for the server to have say some public free games while also having closed private games?
Yes (all editions). Each ring table or tournament has its own password and permissions settings.
Does PM allow public games to have public buy ins while at the same time having private games where chip balances are controlled by the house?
Depends on what you mean by that. There's only one currency (chips) in the system.
Is the license for only one domain or multiple?
You need a license for each running copy of the PMServer.exe executable.
Does the license allow the same operator to use multiple servers so say one server can use a network to offer free public games where another server has private games?
No, each server needs its own license. The only exception is running a second copy purely for testing purposes (API development work, etc.) where no one is actually playing.

There's a feature matrix showing the differences between the lite, pro, and gold editions here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmavens_buy.htm
adoni

Post by adoni »

Password reset?

I noticed there's no way for the admin or player to reset a password

Well the player can once he logs in

But lets say a player forgets his pw

There's nothing I see as to contact info and then an automatic link in say an email that allows a pw reset or for the admin to over ride a pw for example to reset it

So once a person sets up that account, the pw is locked unless the player logs in then he can change

So a lost PW is dealth with how?

The admin can see the account info such as chips

Does the admin just erase the account and then reset a new one with dupe info and then a temp pw and email the user your account was reset and here's the PW now go change it?

I'm just trying to get a feel for how this script will work in real world

THANKS

As to chips, so if a site has free players and pay players, you would need two scripts right?

Other wise a free player creates free chips and the paid players are using value chips, or am I looking at his wrong?

I mean if paid games are PW driven and a player has a free account with lots of chips and a paid account, he logs into the free chip account and uses a pw he got for a paid game????

Again I'm just looking at this for real world needs

A free site is a draw to get newbs to play and learn

Then they have a paid site, right now if a password is the control for a paid game and a free game, then a free chip player given the paid password has free chips in a paid game?

Maybe I'm missing something here as to how the same script can do free and private games

Do the chips from a free public game account somehow not show up if the account logs into a private game?

Thanks again for all the time you put into my quesitons
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

adoni wrote:I noticed there's no way for the admin or player to reset a password
Yes, there is. See "Allow password recovery" in the Account Settings group.
As to chips, so if a site has free players and pay players, you would need two scripts right?
There's only one currency in the game so if you wanted play chips and other chips that had some kind of value, then you'd need to run multiple sites. You can always have freeroll tournaments with 0+0 buy-ins, however. Or make the value of a chip so small that you don't mind just giving some away, like as a prize bonus in your freeroll tournaments.
adoni

Post by adoni »

I see the switch to allow pw recovery

nice

I got to get better glasses, the admin setup screen is so tiny on my screen

LOL

As to the script not allowing multiple currencies, so buy two scripts to allow a free section and a members private pay section

Simple enough
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

adoni wrote:so buy two scripts to allow a free section and a members private pay section
Note that to run two copies of the poker server on the same machine, they would have run under two different Windows accounts and use different file and packet ports.
adoni

Post by adoni »

ok I see the pw request nice

I setup a gmail account for the trial

followed your instructions for gmail

it says error sending

then I tried to use one of my own servers email info

same error

is email not initialized for the trial?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

adoni wrote:I setup a gmail account for the trial
followed your instructions for gmail
it says error sending
Do you have the two required OpenSSL DLL files in the program folder per the FAQ items 5 and 6?

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm

Also, check the Error Log and look for a more specific error message.
adoni

Post by adoni »

ok missed that part will add and try again

thanks brother