new site

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: new site

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:i cant get it to work, can you delete that pic for me?
Done. Are you sure that device name "wyn.." is actually the PC running the poker software? Normally you'll have a LAN IP to choose from. Something like 192.168.1.xxx which should match watch one of the boxes you see if you double-click the "Local IP Address" setting in Poker Mavens. Also double-click the "Internet IP Address" setting and then the Lookup button to make sure that IP hasn't changed.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

Tnx, would it be easier if i put on my own servers? I have 2 websites, one is in linux with phpbb and another is in windows platform server. I would be interested in upgrading in the future if i can get this working
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

oh sorry didnt see your last post let me try again
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

ya i just keep going in circles, i have tried with windows firewall on and off its mostly off, and with my outpost firewall off also Heres what im getting please delete these after. Also have been trying to put my computer on home network public network work network and remote assistance, nothings working. I think i would rather have it on a hosted server anyways is that possible, i have two websites already im paying for hosting
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:oh sorry didnt see your last post let me try again
If you have root access to a remote Windows server, that would be the way to go. No routers to mess with and faster uplink speed. There would just need to add PMServer.exe to the Windows firewall exception list.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

I have a windows server website that i just set up today i believe i have access to the root folder should i post the website?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I just connected to your "Audio" site from http://www.pokermavens.net so you're good now.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:I have a windows server website that i just set up today i believe i have access to the root folder should i post the website?
If you can log into it using Remote Desktop Connection and install software on it directly, it will work also. Typically that means it's either a VPS or dedicated server account, not a managed shared account.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also for future reference, if you have confidential info (like those screenshots) just email them to me directly.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

ok cool tnx, i still cant get in though dont know why it keeps timing out. Im pretty sure my server is a dedicated server, i meant to get that specifiacally today but there was some price changes so not sure what i got. I will check. Would i have to logo with remote desktop to my server? i have ftp programs i can upload directly to the root folders