Timer process randomly broke

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens

Timer process randomly broke

Postby Raventhon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Something caused both the chat timer to malfunction and insta-block anyone who says anything, and stopped the blinds increasing in one of the tournaments on-site. This is strange.
Raventhon
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: Timer process randomly broke

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Raventhon wrote:Something caused both the chat timer to malfunction and insta-block anyone who says anything, and stopped the blinds increasing in one of the tournaments on-site. This is strange.


Anything recorded in the Error Log? Take that tourney offline and restart when you can.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Timer process randomly broke

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:54 pm

What is "up time" for your Windows server (not the poker server)? Bring up the Windows Task Manager, click the Performance tab, and see the "Up Time" value below the graphs. The reason I ask is because Windows has a 32-bit timer that rolls over every 49.71 days. Poker Mavens is supposed to account for that but it's possible I missed it some where.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Timer process randomly broke

Postby Raventhon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Kent Briggs wrote:What is "up time" for your Windows server (not the poker server)? Bring up the Windows Task Manager, click the Performance tab, and see the "Up Time" value below the graphs. The reason I ask is because Windows has a 32-bit timer that rolls over every 49.71 days. Poker Mavens is supposed to account for that but it's possible I missed it some where.


49 days, 22 hours. Sounds like the issue!
Raventhon
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: Timer process randomly broke

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Raventhon wrote:49 days, 22 hours. Sounds like the issue!


Almost certainly. I'll hunt for it. So it affected chat and tournament blinds, is that correct?

The good news is that it won't happen again for another 49 days. And rebooting the server any time before then resets the timer.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Timer process randomly broke

Postby Raventhon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Kent Briggs wrote:
Raventhon wrote:49 days, 22 hours. Sounds like the issue!


Almost certainly. I'll hunt for it. So it affected chat and tournament blinds, is that correct?

The good news is that it won't happen again for another 49 days. And rebooting the server any time before then resets the timer.


Yes, those seemed to be the only things that were affected, but I can't be sure.
Raventhon
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm


Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron