transer chips options

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
riclesb

transer chips options

Post by riclesb »

you do not allow chip transfers between players if you allow negative balances. I understand why you would think it unnecessary in that case but it would be nice to have the option. we are relatively small group of known players so negative balances are allowed and there are times that chip transfers would be helpful to settle amounts between players (they do this if they have things to settle outside of the game, and I am usually asked to do it manually for them).

Rick
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: transer chips options

Post by Kent Briggs »

You can always setup a web form and do player to player transfers with API calls. But transfers are irrelevant when negative balances are allowed. No one needs more chips when all buy-ins are essentially free. Balances only exist as a scorecard in that setup, indicating if you are a net winner (positive balance) or net loser (negative balance).
riclesb

Post by riclesb »

I knew you would say that :). although true in most cases in ours we settle up at regular live games so to us it is relevant (I know you cant do things for one party and don't expect that, I was just clarifying).

as always thanks for a great piece of software,
Rick
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

riclesb wrote:in ours we settle up at regular live games so to us it is relevant
Then why allow negative balances to begin with on your site? You can turn that off and enable the request more chips feature, as well as the chip transfers.
riclesb

Post by riclesb »

well we are large close knit group, all friends for who have been playing together for many years, and we all play on credit/honor system and only settle up once a month (at a live game) so it is necessary to have the negative balances to keep track. new players brought in are vouched for by whomever introduces them to the game. casual not for profit (no rake) site. hope that explains our unique situation a little better. either way far from an important option just slight convenience for me when players pay each other or have other wagers that they want to settle between themselves on their accounts.
Win4fun

Post by Win4fun »

Hey ricsleb,

I have a simple login system/web form your players could use to send the chips. I can remove the check that makes sure the sender's balance doesn't go below zero so they can transfer chips even though "allow negative balances" is enabled.

If you are willing to pay for this feature I could sell you it and set-up it up inexpensively. You can contact me at [email protected] or win4fun44 on skype if interested :).