API Suggestions

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Win4fun

API Suggestions

Post by Win4fun »

After making some features using the API there are few suggestions I've thought of:

Adding/Removing Players From Ring Games
Having the ability to add, remove, and alter the balances of players at ring game tables would open up a lot of possibilities.

A useful feature this could make possible is allowing players to have balances in multiple currencies (A site that lets you play with multiple crypto-currencies for example!). This could be done by making all tables private and using the API to add players to tables where everyone is using the same currency and then updating their balance using callbacks.

Re-Send Validation Code
If you're using something like gmail's smtp server you need a library like PHPmailer or your own mailserver to automatically email a validation code if a user registers using a custom registration page. An API command that re-sends the validation code would save a developer from having to do this and would be easy (I think) to implement from your end.

ConnectionsMessage takes "Player" as a parameter instead of "SessionID"
Rarely do I know the SessionID instead of the username of the player I want to send a message to. This means I have to use ConnectionsList to loop through all of the players online to search for their SessionID which seems unnecessary.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: API Suggestions

Post by Kent Briggs »

Multiple currencies are in my long-term to do list so I likely wouldn't have ring game functions just for that.

You don't need to loop through ConnectionsList for the ID. Just call AccountsGet for the specified player to get the ID. ID is used so that messages can be sent to connections that have not logged in yet.