Recurring tournaments time

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Honolua

Recurring tournaments time

Post by Honolua »

Ability to create recurring tournaments by DAY and Time instead of ONLY by full date.

When setting a tourney, say like every Saturday night at 7 pm, I am forced to put in a full date. With this method, when a player registers for the tourney on that DAY, like a week later, the game client shows the start time as the original DATE, instead of just the time that DAY.

i.e,
I set my Saturday Night Special tourney on April 1, 2014 at 7pm. I set the recurrence to 1080 minutes to show up for the next Saturday night game.

A week goes by from that date and the Sat tourney is online to register, when selecting that tourney, it shows the entire date of last week, which is confusing the player.

Local Start Time: 2014-04-01 07:00 pm, except that today's date (next Saturday) is actually 2014-04-07.

Would be nice to be able to show the DAY in the tourney info, instead of all these numbers and make the occurrence, change to the day of registration instead of the 1st date of the tourney.

Also, in the admin area, all choice of the date display, like the default as listed above, or as something like (day) Saturday, (date) April 7, (time) 07:00 pm, where the date automatically changes for the current date instead of showing the past creation date.
Honolua

Re: Recurring tournaments time

Post by Honolua »

I meant to write 10080 minutes for weekly occurring, not 1080, but I could not edit my post.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Honolua wrote:A week goes by from that date and the Sat tourney is online to register, when selecting that tourney, it shows the entire date of last week, which is confusing the player.
I'll look into this. The time should update.
Honolua

Post by Honolua »

It does, as we talked about in the bugs forum.

But it would be nice to be able to just create a weekly Saturday night tourney based on a specific DAY and time as an option too.

As it is now, I have to put in an entire date and time and set the amount of minutes to recur. Know what I mean?
Honolua

Post by Honolua »

Like it would operate more like an event calendar with recurring days on the calendar.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Honolua wrote:But it would be nice to be able to just create a weekly Saturday night tourney based on a specific DAY and time as an option too.
As it is now, I have to put in an entire date and time and set the amount of minutes to recur. Know what I mean?
The server has to have a full date to work with. You could always write an API script that displays a calendar and does that for you, based on your own particular needs.
Honolua

Post by Honolua »

Yeah, I guess, but an Event Calendar is my "Wish List"....lol
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Honolua wrote:Yeah, I guess, but an Event Calendar is my "Wish List"....lol
Your wish has been granted in 4.18 :P You still have to manually set the Recur time but at least the date selection is easier now.
DateSelect.png
DateSelect.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 7712 times
Honolua

Post by Honolua »

AWESOME KENT!!! MANY THANKS! I think admins will like this! you da man!

Now if it could only be set to recurr like other php cal scripts, like fro a drop down list, or radial button, for every day (like every monday) weekly, etc.

So stoked!