Display Options - Log out area

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Honolua

Display Options - Log out area

Post by Honolua »

1) Ability to allow player to change display options on the fly, instead of having to logout, refresh browser and log back in.

2) When a player logs out, they re then taken back to the logins tab area or login area instead of showing a blank window.

3) Ability to have the players display options and other options to hold instead of caching the options, i.e, in the player account area in the admin back end, have the display option chosen by the player to have those options also in the player info area in the admin section, i.e, have ll the players preferences be held in the admins player account info, so the player never has to change back to all their preferred preferences if they happen to clear their data cache in their browser.

Alot of internet users have their browsers set to clear cache, history etc, when they close their browser for security reasons or what ever other reasons they have for doing this. Locking the preferences in the admin area or game server players xml file.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Display Options - Log out area

Post by Kent Briggs »

Honolua wrote:2) When a player logs out, they re then taken back to the logins tab area or login area instead of showing a blank window.
The websocket connection is dropped at that point so there's no point to keeping the lobby window around. Also, sites that use Session Keys use their own login mechanism.
3) Ability to have the players display options and other options to hold instead of caching the options
As was explained in the other thread where you mentioned this:

http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... 563&p=6617

User settings are not cached, they are saved in a local database. Things like remembering the password cannot be saved server-side. Nor should some display settings which would be different based on which device the player logged in with.
Honolua

Post by Honolua »

"Wish List" would be a redirect to a page of my choice when a player logs out using the back end admin and a simple url. Like a Thanks For Playing page, or a Refer A Friend page, or other promotional page etc.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Honolua wrote:"Wish List" would be a redirect to a page of my choice
I might consider that for the Gold version. In the others, I prefer my logo to be exposed.