Cash rake account resets on crash

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Raventhon

Cash rake account resets on crash

Post by Raventhon »

Something in the crash handler is zeroing out the cash rake account. It's salvageable by going back through the logs each time there's a crash or a freezing issue, but it's still probably not functioning as intended.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Cash rake account resets on crash

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:Something in the crash handler is zeroing out the cash rake account. It's salvageable by going back through the logs each time there's a crash or a freezing issue, but it's still probably not functioning as intended.
Are you referring to the Rake Account Balance you see when you click the Chips button on the Accounts toolbar and select Rake accounts?
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Yep!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

What is the last entry found in the Event Log regarding the rake account? Does it show chips being added along with a positive balance? Also, what exactly is crashing?
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Kent Briggs wrote:What is the last entry found in the Event Log regarding the rake account? Does it show chips being added along with a positive balance? Also, what exactly is crashing?
Even on a normal shutdown, it seems, when you close the PokerMavens program it zeroes out the Cash Rake account but not the Tourney Rake account.

The last entry is just standard incremental additions to the rake account.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:Even on a normal shutdown, it seems, when you close the PokerMavens program it zeroes out the Cash Rake account but not the Tourney Rake account.
I can't duplicate that nor have I had any other reports of this. So every time you start the server, if you go to the Accounts tab, click Chips | Rake accounts, it will always show 0 in the Balance column on the Ring Game Rake line? How big does that account get? What happens if you manually type in a number, click Ok, close down and restart the server. Is the balance back to 0 or did it hold? The number is written to the Windows registry every time it changes. And then it's read in on start up.
Raventhon

Post by Raventhon »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Raventhon wrote:Even on a normal shutdown, it seems, when you close the PokerMavens program it zeroes out the Cash Rake account but not the Tourney Rake account.
I can't duplicate that nor have I had any other reports of this. So every time you start the server, if you go to the Accounts tab, click Chips | Rake accounts, it will always show 0 in the Balance column on the Ring Game Rake line? How big does that account get? What happens if you manually type in a number, click Ok, close down and restart the server. Is the balance back to 0 or did it hold? The number is written to the Windows registry every time it changes. And then it's read in on start up.
I can't exactly close and restart the server over and over again, but it did just happen again.

Have some log files:

Last Rake Account change pre-server reset.
2014-04-07 18:07:46|Rake|Rake account -55000 balance 1904.08 (Console)

First Rake Account change post-server reset.
2014-04-07 18:27:00|Rake|Rake account +2.40 balance 2.40 (Baily)

As you can see, the rake account has zeroed from the 1904.08 that was in pre-reset. This issue has happened (i believe) every time that I have stopped and restarted the server. I can provide the full log files if they'd help.

Still on Mavens 4.13 Gold as it's the last known stable.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Raventhon wrote:2014-04-07 18:07:46|Rake|Rake account -55000 balance 1904.08 (Console)
I just found the problem. It doesn't like the fractional chips. They're getting stored ok in the registry but when the program starts up, it's reading those in before the string-to-chips conversion routine is properly initialized. So the decimal point causes the bug and it gets converted to 0. What's amazing is that this bug appears to go all the back to version 3.00 and you're the first to notice it in nearly 2 years. I'll have a fix out by tomorrow.