Auto sort by particular field in lobby Ring games window

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
vinodm

Auto sort by particular field in lobby Ring games window

Post by vinodm »

Hi Kent

I think you should add a default auto sort feature so that the website operator can select which will be the default auto sort field. This helps if we the website owner can sort by total number of players playing, then the players find it easy to sit down on running tables rather than getting an impression that no tables are running.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Auto sort by particular field in lobby Ring games window

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote: I think you should add a default auto sort feature so that the website operator can select which will be the default auto sort field. This helps if we the website owner can sort by total number of players playing, then the players find it easy to sit down on running tables rather than getting an impression that no tables are running.
It makes more sense to me that the default is the first column with the table ID. Since each grid remembers the setting between sessions, I would suggest using the Site News feature to remind your players that they can sort the grids by any column they wish.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Hey, here's my suggestion which I've recently abopted and its been very effective:

vinodm

Post by vinodm »

@BBB , I am talking about sorting tables by number of players sitting on each table and NOT by table stakes.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Yes, I used to constantly remind players in the chat to click on "Play" at the top to see which tables were active becasuse a lot of the time they'd only see dead tables and the site wouldn't look busy.

So seems as the smallest tables are usually the most active, the way I solved this problem was ordering them by stakes because the busiest ones will be at the top for players to see.

This is the best I could do with the what we have available to us with the software.

If you come up with any better ideas please let me know :).