Terney levels, time duration

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
ggroeller

Terney levels, time duration

Post by ggroeller »

Server module allows definition of each tournament's blind increases, ante and "level increment" ( time duration )

eg: 5/10/5 - 10 minutes ... 10/20/10 - 10 minutes ... 20/40/20 - 10 minutes ... etc

player suggests that it would speed play and terney result to allow duration of levels be either "all as defined" or set the time separately for each level, or possibly even by "formula"

eg: 5/10/5 - 10 minutes ... 10/20/10 - 8 minutes ... 20/40/20 - 6 minutes ... etc
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Terney levels, time duration

Post by Kent Briggs »

ggroeller wrote:player suggests that it would speed play and terney result to allow duration of levels be either "all as defined" or set the time separately for each level, or possibly even by "formula"
It wouldn't necessarily be hard to implement but I don't really see the purpose of accelerating the end of tournament that is already accelerating on it's own with the increased blinds. I'm not aware of any online sites doing this with their tournaments.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

By the way, an alternative method would be to increase the blinds every n hands instead of n minutes. As the number of players drop, this has the same effect as accelerating the end. I had this option in Version 1 but it only works for single table tournaments so it's not in Version 2. Party Poker had this feature for single table sit and go's when I used to play there.
ggroeller

Post by ggroeller »

Kent Briggs wrote:increase the blinds every n hands instead of n minutes.
that'd be a good option, and I understand the issue with multi-table terneys - not a concern right now, heh