few more suggestions

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
deadgiveaway

few more suggestions

Post by deadgiveaway »

1) give sng's their own tab for better organization / allow longer tournament titles
2) allow admin to enable players to buy-in to tournaments/sng's with points, or, if they have a certain level.
3) if poker mavens could have something like pokerstars "zoom" that would be cool
4) end the tournament/sng if the final players have equal prizes
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: few more suggestions

Post by Kent Briggs »

deadgiveaway wrote:1) give sng's their own tab for better organization / allow longer tournament titles
Tournaments can be set to start in multiple ways, including when they become full and/or at a set time. So there really isn't a Sit and Go distinction in Poker Mavens. The player can use the filter function to remove the ones that start "on time".

The title length is imposed to fit in the available column in the lobby window.
2) allow admin to enable players to buy-in to tournaments/sng's with points, or, if they have a certain level.
This would be difficult to implement with simple settings that would satisfy everyone. You could accomplish this on your own using registrations via the API.
3) if poker mavens could have something like pokerstars "zoom" that would be cool
I'm not familiar with that, what does it do?
4) end the tournament/sng if the final players have equal prizes
I have seen these on PokerStars.
deadgiveaway

Post by deadgiveaway »

Kent Briggs wrote:
deadgiveaway wrote:3) if poker mavens could have something like pokerstars "zoom" that would be cool
I'm not familiar with that, what does it do?
pokerstars website has the best description of what it is:
Zoom poker is our new, fast-paced ring game format. It’s just like your favorite poker games, except your opponents change every hand. This is because you are playing against a pool of players rather than a fixed set of opponents on a single table.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pokerstars website has the best description of what it is:
Zoom poker is our new, fast-paced ring game format. It’s just like your favorite poker games, except your opponents change every hand. This is because you are playing against a pool of players rather than a fixed set of opponents on a single table.
Oh yeah, Full Tilt Poker had that years ago. You would need dozens, if not hundreds of players online, all playing the same stakes, to make that work.
deadgiveaway

Post by deadgiveaway »

Kent Briggs wrote:
deadgiveaway wrote:1) give sng's their own tab for better organization / allow longer tournament titles
Tournaments can be set to start in multiple ways, including when they become full and/or at a set time. So there really isn't a Sit and Go distinction in Poker Mavens. The player can use the filter function to remove the ones that start "on time".

The title length is imposed to fit in the available column in the lobby window.
There is a distinction in player's heads. The tournament tab tends to get overcrowded as it is... not to mention when all the SnG's are listed there as well, they do deserve their own tab, like they do on all major poker platforms.
deadgiveaway

Post by deadgiveaway »

I also think players should be able to completely hide the chat room box.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deadgiveaway wrote:I also think players should be able to completely hide the chat room box.
You can move the table chat to the extended window and then just view a different tab.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deadgiveaway wrote:There is a distinction in player's heads.
But which tab are you going to put the tournaments that can be started by either method?
deadgiveaway

Post by deadgiveaway »

Kent Briggs wrote:
deadgiveaway wrote:There is a distinction in player's heads.
But which tab are you going to put the tournaments that can be started by either method?
If the tournament is by definition a SnG, the user can add it to the SnG tab by checking a tickbox, if not.. that tickbox should be disabled(there are simpler approaches I guess). There could even be an option to enable/disable the SnG tab in the options if you consider some might not be interested in this feature. I know it's not a really minor feature, but it would really declutter the Tournament list and also ease up naming the tournaments(because we won't have to add SnG in the name we can save a few letter and cram more information in the title). Please consider this option, thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deadgiveaway wrote:If the tournament is by definition a SnG, the user can add it to the SnG tab by checking a tickbox
Add it from where?