Letting A Developer On My System

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
viktor

Letting A Developer On My System

Post by viktor »

Hi I have web hosting for this, and in the API related files my passwords are on there, something has messed up and its not recording the largest pots & net profit/loss any more, how can I safely let a developer fix this for me? I can't really publicly display all my passwords for him to see, I need this fixed. What's a good alternative? Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Letting A Developer On My System

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:Hi I have web hosting for this, and in the API related files my passwords are on there, something has messed up and its not recording the largest pots & net profit/loss any more, how can I safely let a developer fix this for me? I can't really publicly display all my passwords for him to see, I need this fixed. What's a good alternative? Thanks.
Either set up a test server or just change the passwords after the work is done.
console

Post by console »

How else do you think you let a developer on?
Make him a new account on your system or simple change password when he is done.
Expect him to put a backdoor on if you give him root :)
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

I would def go with a new account and limit privelages to prevent infections and set up a test server