Lobby Chat

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
console

Lobby Chat

Post by console »

How would one go about getting a feed of the lobby chat?
Is there a way to get it with the API other then maybe logging the lobby chat and reading it form the logs?

I want to display lobby chat elsewhere on my site, what are my options?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Lobby Chat

Post by Kent Briggs »

console wrote:How would one go about getting a feed of the lobby chat?
Is there a way to get it with the API other then maybe logging the lobby chat and reading it form the logs?
I want to display lobby chat elsewhere on my site, what are my options?
A callback event for the lobby chat was added in version 4.02 where you can get the text of every message as they occur. To retrieve an entire day's worth of lobby chat, use the LogsLobbyChat command in the API.
console

Post by console »

Thanks for the quick reply,
That will do the trick fantastic.
Its right there in the Documents sorry i missed it,

For future reference:

Code: Select all

LogsLobbyChat - call without any parameters to retrieve a list of dates where a lobby chat log file was created. Example output will look something like this:

Result=Ok
Files=3
Date1=2009-03-01
Date2=2009-03-05
Date3=2009-03-06

Call with a Date parameter in the format of yyyy-mm-dd to retrieve the contents of a lobby chat log file. Example output will look something like this:

Result=Ok
2009-02-10 18:35:55 Alice: are you going to play in the tournament?
2009-02-10 18:36:14 Bob: yeah, see you there

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... erface.htm
console

Post by console »

Just so everyone knows the above call only works if logging is enabled, i was hoping to use the same requests the client not read from a log file, for that to work you need to have chat logging enabled :)
I really cbf reversing it just ot get chat.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

console wrote:Just so everyone knows the above call only works if logging is enabled, i was hoping to use the same requests the client not read from a log file, for that to work you need to have chat logging enabled :)
I really cbf reversing it just ot get chat.
It only makes sense to have logging enabled to be able to read a log file. Otherwise, use the Callback Event instead and monitor the chat in real time.
superman7

Post by superman7 »

It retrieve an entire day's worth of lobby chat, use the LogsLobbyChat command in the API.