Callbacks stop working without a restart

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Win4fun

Callbacks stop working without a restart

Post by Win4fun »

I've ran into this issue a couple times now. If the vps for the poker client isn't regularly restarted callbacks will stop working (No POST request is sent). Is there any way to prevent this from happening and if not how often should the server be restarted to avoid this?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Callbacks stop working without a restart

Post by Kent Briggs »

Win4fun wrote:I've ran into this issue a couple times now. If the vps for the poker client isn't regularly restarted callbacks will stop working (No POST request is sent). Is there any way to prevent this from happening and if not how often should the server be restarted to avoid this?
I've not heard of this problem from anyone else. Is your callback script on the same server as the poker server or on some remote server?
Win4fun

Post by Win4fun »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Win4fun wrote:I've ran into this issue a couple times now. If the vps for the poker client isn't regularly restarted callbacks will stop working (No POST request is sent). Is there any way to prevent this from happening and if not how often should the server be restarted to avoid this?
I've not heard of this problem from anyone else. Is your callback script on the same server as the poker server or on some remote server?
They're on separate servers.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Is anything getting recorded in the error log? You should see "Callback event error: xxxx" if the callback fails.
Win4fun

Post by Win4fun »

Before the callbacks stopped working the server that handles the callbacks went down for a bit which caused the error logs to spam "Callback event error: "HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway" for a bit. For a few days after callbacks continued to not work even though the callback handling server was restored. Finally after restarting the poker client did callbacks start working again. Is there some sort of cap on how many unsuccessful callback requests the client will make before it stops working altogether?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Win4fun wrote:Is there some sort of cap on how many unsuccessful callback requests the client will make before it stops working altogether?
No, it runs in it's own thread loop and should continue on until the poker server is shut down. I'll put in some extra error trapping and see if I can catch it stopping prematurely.