Flash Client - White Screen Only

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
configt

Flash Client - White Screen Only

Post by configt »

Hi Kent-

I purchased the pro version of Poker Mavens, excellent product, thank you for all your hard work.
I have been running Version 3.22 of the server since, shortly after you released the patch, with no issues, until last night 08-29-2013.

Symptom
--------------
Using both IE v10 and Mozilla 23.0.1, when you load the server, it does not serve up the flash client. I receive a white screen, and nothing more.

Troubleshooting
-----------------------
Rebooted the Server
Rebooted the PC (Windows 7 Pro 64bit)
Cleared Cache - Several times
Downloaded (again) the latest Flash Client

Nothing would work...

I figured it was my end user PC; however, I held a 12 man tournament last night and 3 of the players were unable to play because they experienced the same issue.
The Server Log file is not showing any errors at all ??, it seems that it is related to the flash client.

After a very stressful mad dash, I was somehow able to get the flash client to load on IE. I am not seeing the issue any more in IE, it may have been related to cache, etc. I do not support Chrome or Safari on my website, so I have not attempted these browsers.

Loading the server under Mozilla is still not working. Having a serious concern because non-technical end-users are seeing the issue, and it hurt my sight reputation this last tournament.

I'm curious if you or anyone else has seen the same issue recently. I wonder if it is related to a recent Microsoft update?

After the tournament, I updated the server to 3.23; however, this did not solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Flash Client - White Screen Only

Post by Kent Briggs »

configt wrote: Using both IE v10 and Mozilla 23.0.1, when you load the server, it does not serve up the flash client. I receive a white screen, and nothing more.
You can send me your site's URL via email and I'll try to connect with a variety of browsers. I've not had any other reports recently of Flash connection problems.
configt

Re: Flash Client - White Screen Only

Post by configt »

To anyone that might have run across this issue... We figured out the problem.

My site is making use of some limited iframes. Firefox 23 has introduced mixed content blocking. At the time of this post, the current Firefox version is 23.0.1

When the parent page is secure, iframes requesting unsecure pages are now not shown by default, because it is security violation. Furthermore, Firefox does not offer the "display unsecure content" warning, it just blocks. The result is a white screen.

Thank you-