Poker Server Clock is Wrong

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
viktor

Poker Server Clock is Wrong

Post by viktor »

My poker server clock is wrong, I'm running it on a VPS which is the same local time as my PC, but when I set a tournament to start at 05:00 my time, it displays +1 hour ahead of everyone's local time.

How to fix this?

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Server Clock is Wrong

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:My poker server clock is wrong, I'm running it on a VPS which is the same local time as my PC, but when I set a tournament to start at 05:00 my time, it displays +1 hour ahead of everyone's local time.
It's probably a time zone, region, or daylight savings time setting. Look at all those under Start | Control Panel | Clock, Language, Region.
viktor

Post by viktor »

These are my clock settings. But when I make a tournament to start at 5am, it displays 6am still.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you click the "Change time zone" button, is the "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time" box checked?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also, does changing the time zone to "(UTC) Coordinated Univeral Time" instead of "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" make any difference? Does the "Location" setting in Windows match that time zone?
viktor

Post by viktor »

This still isn't working for me, its always +1 hour ahead. Is it possible for you to go on teamviewer or skype screenshare? :S

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:This still isn't working for me, its always +1 hour ahead. Is it possible for you to go on teamviewer or skype screenshare? :S
Thanks.
Are all the login times displayed in the Logins tab also 1 hour off?
viktor

Post by viktor »

No, those times are correct.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:No, those times are correct.
That's odd. The login times use the same conversion routine as the tournament start times. If you turn on lurk mode and send me your site's URL via email, I'll see what the tourney times look like on my end.