Netscape and Firefox Users

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
gomer

Netscape and Firefox Users

Post by gomer »

Hello all, I have a question some of my users like to use Netscape or Firefox and when they try to play the game they get an error about Java. They then make sure they have the lateset version of Java and check there browser to make sure they have Java enable, but still can't get into the game. Please help

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Netscape and Firefox Users

Post by Kent Briggs »

gomer wrote:Hello all, I have a question some of my users like to use Netscape or Firefox and when they try to play the game they get an error about Java. They then make sure they have the lateset version of Java and check there browser to make sure they have Java enable, but still can't get into the game. Please help
Thanks
Java or Javascript? Javascript must be turned on as it's used in the flash file loading process. Otherwise you'll see this message:

"You either have Javascript turned off in your browser or you need to install a newer version of the Adobe Flash Player"

And the version of the Flash player needed is 8 or later.
gomer

Post by gomer »

Java or Javascript? Javascript must be turned on as it's used in the flash file loading process. Otherwise you'll see this message:

"You either have Javascript turned off in your browser or you need to install a newer version of the Adobe Flash Player"

And the version of the Flash player needed is 8 or later.
Running Netscape 8.0.3.4 and installed Java 9.0 and made sure that Javascript is enable, Any suggestion? If anyone is running Netscape please check it out.

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gomer wrote:Running Netscape 8.0.3.4 and installed Java 9.0 and made sure that Javascript is enable, Any suggestion? If anyone is running Netscape please check it out.
There's no Java used in Poker Mavens so the Java install shouldn't matter. What is your server address (you can email me if you don't want to post it here)? Are you using the Banner Ad feature? If so, what HTML did you put in there?

Netscape is a dead product but there are new versions available:
http://browser.netscape.com/releases
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I just installed Netscape 8.1.3, went to pokermavens.net and double clicked the CardPlayersOnline site in the Public Servers tab. The site loaded, I created a new account, got my val code via email, logged in, and sat at a ring table. No errors reported. If you get your user to make a screenshot of the error they are seeing and forward that on to me, I'll take a look.
gomer

Post by gomer »

I just installed Netscape 8.1.3, went to pokermavens.net and double clicked the CardPlayersOnline site in the Public Servers tab. The site loaded, I created a new account, got my val code via email, logged in, and sat at a ring table. No errors reported. If you get your user to make a screenshot of the error they are seeing and forward that on to me, I'll take a look.
If you're getting the message "Error Loading page"

I figured out the issue, If you're using Firefox or Netscape there is a way to fix this.

1. Open Netscape or Firefox
2. Select Options
3. Select Site Controls
4. Look where is says "Rendering Engine" Then select "Enternet Explore"

This will allow you to play Texas Hold'em on http://www.CardplayersOnline.net

Thanks for the help
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gomer wrote:4. Look where is says "Rendering Engine" Then select "Enternet Explore"
What are the other options for Rendering Engine that didn't work? I already deleted the Netscape I installed yesterday so I can't check that myself.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I reinstalled Netscape 8.1.3. Under Tools|Options|Site Controls, the Rendering Engine is set to FireFox. I have no problems logging into your site at http://www.cardplayersonline.net:8087/ or any other site with it.