Custom avatar caching issue

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
enkindle

Custom avatar caching issue

Post by enkindle »

When updating a user's AvatarFile option, the Crc parameter does not change. Users have to clear their browser cache to get the image to change.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Custom avatar caching issue

Post by Kent Briggs »

enkindle wrote:When updating a user's AvatarFile option, the Crc parameter does not change. Users have to clear their browser cache to get the image to change.
Yeah, that's a known issue as the crc is calculated on the group of communal avatars and thus doesn't know about changes to individual custom avatars. I'll revisit that and see if I can find a solution.
enkindle

Post by enkindle »

A fair quick fix would be to just hash the file path\name of the AvatarFile file and use that.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

enkindle wrote:A fair quick fix would be to just hash the file path\name of the AvatarFile file and use that.
The path isn't known to the client. It just passes in the player name and the server does the lookup locally. The fix will require adding a new field to track crc by player and pass that in to each table along with their other data so it can be included in the image request back to the server.
enkindle

Post by enkindle »

Ahh. I see.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »