Account balance errors.

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
arigorn

Account balance errors.

Post by arigorn »

Some accounts, so far 2-3, aren't staying adjusted. Basically every couple days, not sure when/why, it reverts back to an old balance.

IE: I took 900 chips out of someone's account, 3 days later, it went back to the old balance (balance + 900)
Another account, I zero'd out, 1114 chips. Every few days, that account goes back to 1114. I've even gone so far as to delete the account totally, and it still goes back.

Need this fixed asap please.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Account balance errors.

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:Some accounts, so far 2-3, aren't staying adjusted. Basically every couple days, not sure when/why, it reverts back to an old balance.
Are you running the latest version? There was a bug prior to 2.04 where the player's .dat files where not being updated properly after a change. Also, have you changed the "Data folder" setting? Next time you make a change, go look at their .dat file with a text editor and see if the change got written to their file.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also, look in your Error Log files and see if there are any "Error saving account file" errors.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I found your problem. You got two copies of your site running at the same time, an old version 2.03 on the private list and version 2.08 on the public list. Since they both have the same Directory Key, they alternate knocking each other off the server list each time they update. It shouldn't even be possible to run multiple copies on the same PC because there is a mutex setting that tests for that. But in any case, that would explain how a deleted account came back to life, because it was still in active memory on one of the copies.
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

I have no idea whos running that copy, is there any way to force it offline, and/or disable it? I'm not running it....
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:I have no idea whos running that copy, is there any way to force it offline, and/or disable it? I'm not running it....
The public site has a name of "DOA Poker' and points to 71.63.167.238:8087. This traces to a Comcast ISP. The private site has a name of "DoA Poker Mavens" and points to 72.47.98.18:8087. This link doesn't connect but traces to an ISP called Cebridge Connections. Which one is yours? Both sites are using the same Directory Key tied to your order number. No once else should know this key.
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

The public site has a name of "DOA Poker' and points to 71.63.167.238:8087.

That is mine. The other, is the one from an old host, that isn't supposed to be running it anymore. Not sure why its up, and/or causing problems.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:The other, is the one from an old host, that isn't supposed to be running it anymore. Not sure why its up, and/or causing problems.
If you had "Auto start at bootup" set to Yes on that PC and it got rebooted, then the game was loaded and put online. And every 30 minutes it's going to ping the pokermavens.net site and knock your other site off the list.
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

How can that be remedied? I dont have access to the server its being ghost-hosted on....
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:How can that be remedied? I dont have access to the server its being ghost-hosted on....
Contact the server admin and tell them to shut down and uninstall the program.