payout bug for 0%

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
SpazzPoker

payout bug for 0%

Post by SpazzPoker »

Here is what I tried, and what happened ...

Server = 2.61 Pro

I wanted to have affiliate freerolls to not payout for less then 5 players.

What I tried ....

Adjusted the payout structure so that 2-4 entrants paid 0%

This has worked until today.

Had a freeroll today with 5 players registered. one player got booted for not showing up. This left 4 players.
The final player left was awarded DOUBLE the prize amount!

Like I said, this has appeared to be working until this game. Could it be because of the 5 registered, but 4 played?

I realize that the payout structure chart was probably not designed for this usage (0% payout), but in any event, it should not payout 200% :D

Thanks,
Shannon
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: payout bug for 0%

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpazzPoker wrote: I realize that the payout structure chart was probably not designed for this usage (0% payout), but in any event, it should not payout 200% :D
I'll look into it, thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I found the bug that overpaid the prize pool but it didn't require any no-show removals. Just starting with 2 players caused 1st place to get double the prize bonus when the payout was set at 0.00. The routine was always expecting the percentage to add to 100.00 and the error was in proportion to how far below 100 it actually was. I doubt you ever had that working where no one got paid (unless it was 0+0 with no prize bonus) because the code is set to distribute all the prize pool chips after the percentages were calculated in case there was any round off error.
royala10

Post by royala10 »

Server: 3.08

- There is something wrong with prize pool table. I want to award prizes of my tournaments using the API and my own codes, so I set all payout structures to %0 but it still pays the winner. It was a headup, one seat tournament (Gladiator).
it even didn't work when I changed %0.00 to %0.01

Please tell me what to Kent, it is important for me :(
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

royala10 wrote:Server: 3.08

- There is something wrong with prize pool table. I want to award prizes of my tournaments using the API and my own codes, so I set all payout structures to %0 but it still pays the winner. It was a headup, one seat tournament (Gladiator).
it even didn't work when I changed %0.00 to %0.01

Please tell me what to Kent, it is important for me :(
The system will never keep any prize pool money. The payout structure should always add up to 100%. Any remaining chips will go to the tournament winner. Why would you want to set it otherwise?
royala10

Post by royala10 »

ok then the only way is to set buy-in very low and tournament fee to a very high. like 100 Buy-in + 4900 Fee (for a 5K) :shock:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

royala10 wrote:ok then the only way is to set buy-in very low and tournament fee to a very high. like 100 Buy-in + 4900 Fee (for a 5K) :shock:
If you don't want a prize pool then just set the Buy In to 0. You can still have a non-zero Entry Fee (0 + 5000).