Tourhment Play "Sitting Out"

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
gomer

Tourhment Play "Sitting Out"

Post by gomer »

When you are playing in a tournament you should not be able to sit out during the game and come back in later. It allows you to sit out while others are playing and come back in later. It seems that because you still have money it lets you play. It shouldn't be that way. In normal online tournaments if you leave or sit out you can not continue to play. Sevral users brougth it up to my attention.

Thanks
Ben
CardpLayersOnline.net
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tourhment Play "Sitting Out"

Post by Kent Briggs »

gomer wrote:When you are playing in a tournament you should not be able to sit out during the game and come back in later.
Sitting out is just the equivalent of folding every hand, which you have the right to do. You already paid the entry fee and can therefore play those hands (or not play them) in any way you want.
In normal online tournaments if you leave or sit out you can not continue to play
You are 100% wrong about that. Tournament sitters keep playing until they are blinded out. In every online site I know of. And in live tournaments, including the WSOP. It's only ring games were sitters are removed, because they don't get cards and don't pay blinds.
gomer

Re: Tourhment Play "Sitting Out"

Post by gomer »

You are 100% wrong about that. Tournament sitters keep playing until they are blinded out. In every online site I know of. And in live tournaments, including the WSOP. It's only ring games were sitters are removed, because they don't get cards and don't pay blinds.
Hmm I will tell my wife that, since she is always right, you guys need to duke it out... Im just the messanger but you know more about it then I doo...

:lol: