**Cannot use Local Area Network to play**

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
AMP3RSAND

**Cannot use Local Area Network to play**

Post by AMP3RSAND »

Kent,

Im trying out this trial version to see if i want to make this a legit purchase to use for a long time in the future. As of now, im leaning toward no.

I use wifi to get on the internet, and when im setting up everything in the settings, i go to put the server online to test everything out, and my chrome browser always says webpage unavailable. My IP is 70.114.53.13 and i use the default file ports and packet ports but i really cant get this server online. I have no clue what to do..Ive tried looking thru other posts/threads to see if my question is answered, and even when i do what they've done, i still cant connect.

HELP
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: **Cannot use Local Area Network to play**

Post by Kent Briggs »

AMP3RSAND wrote: I use wifi to get on the internet, and when im setting up everything in the settings, i go to put the server online to test everything out, and my chrome browser always says webpage unavailable. My IP is 70.114.53.13 and i use the default file ports and packet ports but i really cant get this server online. I have no clue what to do..Ive tried looking thru other posts/threads to see if my question is answered, and even when i do what they've done, i still cant connect.
You need to enable port forwarding in your wifi router per the instructions in the help file to let the outside world connect to you. Otherwise your router is acting as a hardware firewall and blocks all incoming connections. What is the make and model number of your router? Also, you can still connect from inside your LAN using the server's local IP address. Those typically start with the numbers 192.168.x.x.
demon1031

Post by demon1031 »

Yes Kent is correct.

You must go into your router and enable 8087 and 8088 to be opened up. Furthermore, you should be able to connect to the "local" server but the one thing that I learned is that in order to do so, you must put 8087. So in your internet browser, you would enter http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8087

Hopefully you can get this set up, but if not, then I am sure someone here can help!!!
kevin.yu

Post by kevin.yu »

Hey Kent, I am thinking of purchasing the Gold version, but currently having trouble getting to connection to work. I am currently testing the trial version. I set the port forwarding to 8087 ending in 8088. When I click Start, I was able to see my site name on pokermavens.net/trial/ but whenever I try to connect to it, it would show a message about not finding the page. It seems as if the page is trying to load, since it takes awhile loading before giving the could not connect page. The URL does change to my internet ip address with the colon and the 8087 port. Any idea what might be the issue? I do not believe I have firewall installed since this is a new computer and I do not get any message when clicking Start. Thank you.
kevin.yu

Post by kevin.yu »

Also, I checked to make sure that I do not have other programs running same port (8087) and another copy of PM is not running. I am not too sure if my local ip address is static or not. it is urrently 10.0.0.12, but I do not assume that is the issue since my site name does get to the pm trail site. Thanks again.
kevin.yu

Post by kevin.yu »

Ok, so I am able to connect locally, 127.0.0.1:8087, but still having issues connecting from the pm trail website. I am starting to think maybe my ip address is not static, I will try to mess around with it some more.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kevin.yu wrote:I am currently testing the trial version. I set the port forwarding to 8087 ending in 8088. When I click Start, I was able to see my site name on pokermavens.net/trial/ but whenever I try to connect to it, it would show a message about not finding the page. It seems as if the page is trying to load, since it takes awhile loading before giving the could not connect page. The URL does change to my internet ip address with the colon and the 8087 port. Any idea what might be the issue? I do not believe I have firewall installed since this is a new computer and I do not get any message when clicking Start. Thank you.
As I write this there are no sites listed in the trial directory so I can't test your link now but when you go back online, get someone outside of your network to try it. Depending on your router, you may not be able to connect to your own internet IP from inside your LAN. If an outsider cannot connect then likely either your port forwarding is not setup correctly or your ISP is blocking the 8087 port. Or you only have 127.0.0.1 set as your local IP so double check that also.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kevin.yu wrote:Ok, so I am able to connect locally, 127.0.0.1:8087, but still having issues connecting from the pm trail website. I am starting to think maybe my ip address is not static, I will try to mess around with it some more.
You should also be able to connect to your LAN IP (10.*.*.* or 192.168.*.* depending on the router). If not, double-click the Local IP setting and make sure all boxes are checked. A static IP is not required (although it helps). Double-click your Internet IP setting and then click the Lookup button to see if it has changed.
kevin.yu

Post by kevin.yu »

Kent Briggs wrote:
kevin.yu wrote:Ok, so I am able to connect locally, 127.0.0.1:8087, but still having issues connecting from the pm trail website. I am starting to think maybe my ip address is not static, I will try to mess around with it some more.
You should also be able to connect to your LAN IP (10.*.*.* or 192.168.*.* depending on the router). If not, double-click the Local IP setting and make sure all boxes are checked. A static IP is not required (although it helps). Double-click your Internet IP setting and then click the Lookup button to see if it has changed.
Thank you for the fast reply. I have done all of these steps you ask. I even changed it to static. My internet ip is still the same. Again, whenever I click 'Start', the poker maven trail is able to detect it since my site name is listed on the website. But it is when I try to connect to it is where I am having the issue. I do not know what it is, but it takes at least 10 seconds trying to connect before saying page is not found. When I change the ports to something else, it would take only a fraction of a second to display that the page is not found, therefore, I know it is trying to connect, but not able to. I even disabled all my firewalls.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kevin.yu wrote:Again, whenever I click 'Start', the poker maven trail is able to detect it since my site name is listed on the website.
That doesn't mean anything though because the outbound connection to pokermavens.net does not involve port forwarding. It's just the inbound connections that do. You're still not online as I write this but I'm closing down for the night. Make a screenshot of your router's port forward screen and send it to my email and I'll look at it in the morning.