Suggestions

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Eric

Suggestions

Post by Eric »

Hello,

First, PM ROCKS!!!!
Me and co-workers have been playing friday night games using PM for about a year and 1/2...we all love it.
It's come a long way....especially the connectivity.
Just a couple quick suggestions:
1) Allow "micro-blinds" (ex. 0.10/0.25) in the Ring games. We use PM as real games when we cant get together and we never play 1/2 blinds....we're not that rich.
2) Add a way to see the chip counts on a ongoing table from the server software. Unless I'm missing this somewhere...you used to be able to see the players chip counts from the server.
Ok, keep up the good work!!

Eric
"Bridge Office Playaz" server.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions

Post by Kent Briggs »

Eric wrote:1) Allow "micro-blinds" (ex. 0.10/0.25) in the Ring games. We use PM as real games when we cant get together and we never play 1/2 blinds....we're not that rich.
I'll likely restructure the chip system when I get around to adding a rake/entry fee option. In the mean time just treat each chip as being worth a penny. Then a 10/25 game is just .10/.25 game.
2) Add a way to see the chip counts on a ongoing table from the server software. Unless I'm missing this somewhere...you used to be able to see the players chip counts from the server.
Version 1 was a single table system so it was easier to do there. Eventually I'm going to divorce the GUI from the server completely and make the server a Windows service. Then I'll have a separate program for admin functions and may look at adding that kind of detail there.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Hi Kent,

>>>>>"I'll likely restructure the chip system when I get around to adding a rake/entry fee option. In the mean time just >>>>>treat each chip as being worth a penny. Then a 10/25 game is just .10/.25 game.'

We're using PM to keep track of our money totals in our tournys so we can't really do that. "10" has to mean the same in either tourney or ring games for us.

btw, I love the format of the logs.
I use a .vbs script to pull info out of the logs (account balances...tourney results) and then create a .html page for us all to see. We used to spend alot of time "settling up", after playing, now it's much better using PM to track the balances and tourney results.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Eric wrote:We're using PM to keep track of our money totals in our tournys so we can't really do that. "10" has to mean the same in either tourney or ring games for us.
The same system would still apply. A $5.00 buy-in would just be 500 chips = 500 pennies. The starting chips could stay at whatever you had them before. And since you're doing your own scripting anyway, you can convert pennies back to dollars for display on your web site.