is it a client bug?

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
madcow

is it a client bug?

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

since i upgraded to 2.91, I kept getting an error from the flash client which saying "... no responses..etc... do you like to abort this script or not?" .. if you click yes then it aborted and die, if u click no, there are like 10 more screens like that came up. and if i click no to all 10, sometime 10 more come up but sometime it froze for a bit and return back to normal. and this only happen when I am on a table and playing for a long time and click "leave table" .. it seem to me that it depend on the duration of the game u play in a table. if i stand up that table and click leave table right away, that will happen, but if i leave that table for a long time or wait for the table to be empty and click leave table then it doesn't have that error message. once that happened, most users doesn't want to wait or know how to close it down.. if click yes it aborted, but firefox/ie frozen as well, u need to go to task to kill it. same thing if u don't click anything and u can't just close down firefox/ie.

thanks Kent
T
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: is it a client bug?

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:since i upgraded to 2.91, I kept getting an error from the flash client which saying "... no responses..etc... do you like to abort this script or not?"
There haven't been any significant changes to the Flash client in a long time. What version did you have before 2.91? Trying clearing your browser cache and check the Adobe site to make sure you have the latest Flash plugin. What operating system are you running the Flash client on?
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

the version i used was 2.91B the test one which had the 2.14 billion buyin fix. i've tried to clear up or changing browser from firefox to IE, the same thing happened, and it happened to users as well.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The main effect of having a table open for a long time is that the hand history window slowly builds up with hands, even if you aren't viewing that window. That memory should all get freed when you close the table so perhaps that process is taking a long time on your system. See if there's a correlation with how many hands were played and when you get the error and then let me know what you find.