Buddylist?

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
MonTheHoops

Re: Buddylist?

Post by MonTheHoops »

Kent Briggs wrote:Ok, try this test program. It's supposed to start your email client and address a message to me with a popup message that says "Success". Otherwise it should return an error message as to why it didn't work:

http://www.briggsoft.com/temp/BuddyTest.exe

FYI, here's the Delphi source snippet code for that:

Code: Select all

s:='MailTo:[email protected]';
s:=s+'?Subject=Test';
s:=s+'&Body=Test Message';
r:=ShellExecute(0,'open',pchar(s),nil,nil,sw_shownormal);
Success!

But when I click on the Email Invitation button, zilch!

weird eh?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:Success!
But when I click on the Email Invitation button, zilch!
weird eh?
It must be a parameter problem, then. How many names are in your buddy list? Try it with just a few names. There's probably some character limit since these are all getting passed to your email app on a command line.
MonTheHoops

Post by MonTheHoops »

Hi Kent,

Sorry mate, was away for a few days.

Just tried it by creating a test list with only 4 users and that worked, so it seems there is a limit on how many it will take.

Thanks for resolving that, I will just have to send out multiple emails in the future.

Cheers
Paul.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:Hi Kent,
Just tried it by creating a test list with only 4 users and that worked, so it seems there is a limit on how many it will take.
Thanks for resolving that, I will just have to send out multiple emails in the future.
It's likely a limit on the total number of characters being passed to the email client (probably 255 characters or less). Switching this system to the internal SMTP functions will fix this eventually. That will also allow it to be used via remote administration. In the mean you can just divide your players into several buddy lists and send out multiple emails as you mentioned.