i dont understand?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
baby

i dont understand?

Post by baby »

i have the new version, and i dont understand how or where others can go to connect into your game?
rjones33

Re: i dont understand?

Post by rjones33 »

You can have your player connect directly via your IP and port. Another option is to have them connect through http://www.pokermavens.net where all of the servers can be listed. The documentation is very good and contains detailed information.

-Ricky
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

baby wrote:i have the new version, and i dont understand how or where others can go to connect into your game?
If you have the Lite or Pro version (but not the Trial version) you can set "Directory listing" to "Yes" on the System tab and your site will be listed in the server directory at http://www.PokerMavens.net. If you set a site password, then your site will go in the Private Servers tab. You must also set the "Directory key" setting which was sent in the email receipt.

With the Trial version, you just have to tell your friends what your Internet IP and File port is and they just type that directly into their web browser. Or send them an email and it's one click away. For example if your Internet IP is 12.34.56.78 and your file port is 8087 then the link would be:

http://12.34.56.78:8087

Or use the Buddy List feature on the Accounts tab and it will automate the emails and links for you.
baby

Post by baby »

thanks You so much for your patience, now i am understanding more of what is going on!

the ip numbers and port numbers are all in red, does this mean i have them incorrect?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

baby wrote:thanks You so much for your patience, now i am understanding more of what is going on!

the ip numbers and port numbers are all in red, does this mean i have them incorrect?
That just means they can't be changed while the server is online. Click on any of those three and it will indicate that in the help box at the bottom of the window.
baby

Post by baby »

i got everything all up and running, when people have tried to log into my game, they getting a page not displayed error, but i am logging in fine, is there something you need explorer wise?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

baby wrote:i got everything all up and running, when people have tried to log into my game, they getting a page not displayed error, but i am logging in fine, is there something you need explorer wise?
Does your internet connection go through a router or though a DSL model with a built-in router? If so, you have to implement port forwarding in the router config to allow the outside world to connect to you. There's more info on that in the help file also.
baby

Post by baby »

i run a server in voodoo chat, so i know a lil bit of the port forwarding, i have no firewall engaged, and have even opened the ports in my router, it is showing the listing of my game in the active servers, but no one, can connect from it.

it keeps saying cannot find dns, i have the internet IP address as erotic-bdsm.servegame.com
and my local ip address set properly, with the ports listed.

i still cannot get anyone to connect.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

baby wrote:it keeps saying cannot find dns, i have the internet IP address as erotic-bdsm.servegame.com
and my local ip address set properly, with the ports listed.
I can't connect to http://erotic-bdsm.servegame.com:8087/ either. What is the raw Internet IP address for this domain? Use the built-in lookup function and try just connecting to that. Also, what do you have Local IP set to?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

baby wrote:it keeps saying cannot find dns
Where exactly are you seeing this message?