API not working on my yahoo web hosting

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
lolackapoker

API not working on my yahoo web hosting

Post by lolackapoker »

hi everybody i wonder why api php scripts not working in my yahoo web hosting ? is it yahoo that not support the method get ? can someone explane for me please how i can make these functions working ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: API not working on my yahoo web hosting

Post by Kent Briggs »

lolackapoker wrote:hi everybody i wonder why api php scripts not working in my yahoo web hosting ? is it yahoo that not support the method get ? can someone explane for me please how i can make these functions working ?
First, make sure you can get a simple php script to run. Something like:

Code: Select all

<?php
  echo "Hello World";
?>
Otherwise, the two most common problems are that the curl library (libcurl) isn't installed in the PHP setup. Or, the web host has a firewall block on outgoing connections or with the particular port (i.e., port 8087) that you are connecting to. You may need to ask yahoo tech support about those.
lolackapoker

Post by lolackapoker »

this hello world is working can i send you all the api examples to set for me please ? i dont know nothing about php i will send you all the api files by email from [email protected] thank you kent :)
lolackapoker

Post by lolackapoker »

if hello world worked then can get this working no ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lolackapoker wrote:this hello world is working can i send you all the api examples to set for me please ? i dont know nothing about php i will send you all the api files by email from [email protected] thank you kent :)
Since I wrote all of the PHP examples, I of course already have a copy. You need to check with Yahoo about the two issues I mentioned. You'll probably need to hire a programmer if you don't have any web scripting experience.
lolackapoker

Post by lolackapoker »

ok you try please setup the examples to work on my website and i try if not working i change yahoo webhosting
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lolackapoker wrote:ok you try please setup the examples to work on my website and i try if not working i change yahoo webhosting
I don't know where your web site is, let alone the location of your php files. But changing web hosts may not be necessary if it's just a matter of flipping a switch on a firewall setting or installing a library. As I mentioned, you need to contact them and ask:

1. Is Curl installed in my php setup?
2. Are there any firewalls blocking an outgoing connection to another site on port 8087? If so, how do I unblock that?
lolackapoker

Post by lolackapoker »

add me to my msn and i give u access via team viewer so you can understand all and tell me what to do

[email protected]
lolackapoker

Post by lolackapoker »

CURL, Client URL Library functions

curl is installed and supported in yahoo web hosting

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb ... hp-33.html

this is all the fucntions supported and not supported on yahoo web hosting
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lolackapoker wrote: curl is installed and supported in yahoo web hosting
It's likely a firewall issue then. Ask yahoo if they are blocking outgoing connections made with curl on certain ports. Tell them you need to connect to port 8087 on an external web server.