Rake Account

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
social

Rake Account

Post by social »

In Admin Panel, after going to accounts, and then Chips, there is something called Rake Account.

How is this amount calculated, and why can it not be accessed directly through the API?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Rake Account

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:In Admin Panel, after going to accounts, and then Chips, there is something called Rake Account.

How is this amount calculated, and why can it not be accessed directly through the API?
Rake is controlled by three optional settings in each individual ring game: Rake, Rake every, and Rake max. See the help file for a full explanation.

Entry fees are controlled by the Entry fee setting in each individual tournament.

The list of rake related commands via the API include:

SystemEntryFeeDec, SystemEntryFeeGet, SystemEntryFeeInc, SystemEntryFeeSet, SystemRakeDec, SystemRakeGet, SystemRakeInc, SystemRakeSet
social

Post by social »

Could you please explain the purpose of this Rake Account?

I thought it referred to the Player's Rake contribution, but evidently it does not.

So, what would it be used for?

Why would one want to increment or decrement it?

OK....I figured it out...sorry, I thought the API settings were meant to change the Totals, as opposed to changing the amount of Rake being taken.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Could you please explain the purpose of this Rake Account?
It just shows the total accumulation of rake (if any) collected from all your tables in one giant sum.
I thought it referred to the Player's Rake contribution, but evidently it does not.
It is, but all of them added together. Pots are raked, not individual players, so there are no separate rake values for players. Rake is recorded per hand in the hand history files if you want to parse through those on your own.
So, what would it be used for?
Why would one want to increment or decrement it?
It's just for your own information purposes to let you know how much has been collected. The increment/decrement functions allow you adjust the balance in safe way while tables are active. Most people would probably never use that. Most likely you would just zero the amount out on occasion if you were only interested in weekly or monthly tracking, etc.
OK....I figured it out...sorry, I thought the API settings were meant to change the Totals, as opposed to changing the amount of Rake being taken.
The API commands I listed starting with "System*" are only for the totals. To adjust the amount of rake being taken you must adjust the Rake, RakeEvery, and RakeMax fields of the individual tables.