ETA on server daemonization / service

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
tge

ETA on server daemonization / service

Post by tge »

Hi Kent,

I was wondering if there's any ETA on when PM Server will be available as a daemon or windows service (you mentioned in an email correspondence we had last year that you're working on that). On top of that my server needs intermittent reboots from time to time, the server is used by other people too and with only one RDP slot on it, the server gets killed each time when someone else logs me out by logging in.

Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: ETA on server daemonization / service

Post by Kent Briggs »

tge wrote:I was wondering if there's any ETA on when PM Server will be available as a daemon or windows service
I plan to covert the server to a Windows service for version 3 but there's no ETA on that. It won't be any time soon.
tge

Post by tge »

3.0 will probably require 2.x owners to purchase again right? Personally i think this should have been available in 1.x but i guess this app just evolved and didn't start as a dedicated server app.

I've found the very useful and working service wrapper at http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=542

Wish i had found that earlier. Worth a link in the FAQ for Poker Mavens imho.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

tge wrote:3.0 will probably require 2.x owners to purchase again right?
Major version upgrades will be offered at a discount.