SMTP email problem

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mr.Victor

SMTP email problem

Post by Mr.Victor »

I went to my hosting companies knowledge base and set up my smpt email setting on the game server exactly as it told me but it says: "A failure occurred when attempting to email password". I then read your FAQ and realize I needed to download ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll and install them into the PM folder. Now when I click 'Email My Password' it doesn't give me the same error but I get an error window on my dedicated server where pmserver.exe is working:
pmserver-error.jpg
pmserver-error.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
When I close this window, it triggers the error on the client: "A failure occurred when attempting to email password".

Where do I get this MSVCR71.dll file and do I put it in the pmserver.exe directory? Should this fix the problem?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: SMTP email problem

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:Where do I get this MSVCR71.dll file and do I put it in the pmserver.exe directory? Should this fix the problem?
I have no idea what that file is. If you Google it, it says "It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library" which has nothing to do with Poker Mavens. But you can download it from various sites.

Another option, is to just create a free gmail account and use Google's SMTP server. My FAQ has some instructions for it:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

I searched for the MSVCR71.dll file on my computer and copied it into the Poker Mavens 2 folder and it works now. Strange but it did the trick.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:I searched for the MSVCR71.dll file on my computer and copied it into the Poker Mavens 2 folder and it works now. Strange but it did the trick.
Must be required by those SSL DLL's, I guess. That file is already in my C:\Windows\System32\ folder.