Installation on VPS

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
zahimezher

Installation on VPS

Post by zahimezher »

Hi I recently purchased the poker mavens gold version and also purchased vps hosting from 1and1.com
I have the application installed on my desktop and connected to the vps using

Appliance Admin URL https://74.208.192.54:4643/vz/cp
Appliance Admin User Administrator
Password See initial password

i have no idea how what and where to upload files( i also have no idea what files to upload)
in order to run the application on my purchased domain and hosting package

help is greatly appreciated!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Installation on VPS

Post by Kent Briggs »

zahimezher wrote:i have no idea how what and where to upload files( i also have no idea what files to upload)
in order to run the application on my purchased domain and hosting package
Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your VPS from your local machine. Configure it to share your local drives. Then use Windows Explorer on the VPS to copy and paste the Poker Mavens setup file to the VPS. And then run it from there.
zahimezher

Post by zahimezher »

thats exactly what i did
but now im facing 2 problems

when i test the installed application on teh local IP it doesnt show
it never showed anyway

and the newest obstacle im not being able to connect to the remote server anymore :S any idea why
zahimezher

Post by zahimezher »

im using the same IP, user name, password, and website

but it keeps saying canot connect because of too many connections or that my computer is not set for such connections or something
:S
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

zahimezher wrote:but it keeps saying canot connect because of too many connections or that my computer is not set for such connections or something
:S
You might need to login into your 1and1 account and restart your VPS via the Virtuozzo panel.
zahimezher

Post by zahimezher »

i already did that yesterday around 3 or 4 times but in never works i just tried again today and still it doesnt work
and other tips ?
zahimezher

Post by zahimezher »

ok so i have vps running again and im logged in through remote desktop after i restarted it and restored to a couple of days ago. what i c through remote desktop is just another desktop. i have the .exe game file on my desktop there i got it through connecting to one of my local disks. so i just install it now? on the desktop?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

zahimezher wrote:ok so i have vps running again and im logged in through remote desktop after i restarted it and restored to a couple of days ago. what i c through remote desktop is just another desktop. i have the .exe game file on my desktop there i got it through connecting to one of my local disks. so i just install it now? on the desktop?
The Windows 2003 interface works just like a normal desktop version of Windows. After you run the pg278setup.exe file, you should see the green and gold "PM" icon on your desktop and the program installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 2\" folder.
zahimezher

Post by zahimezher »

ok and then how does the user find the game when they enter the url. or will it load automatically?
and i was also planning to build a website consisting of a couple of pages and one of the menu buttons loads the game is it possible to do that?
I mean if i want to put a regular website on my vps where do i place all the files and index page on the desk top?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

zahimezher wrote:ok and then how does the user find the game when they enter the url. or will it load automatically?
Once you click the Start button on Poker Maven's System tab, the game is now online and acting as a mini-web server on the file port. So if your IP is 74.208.192.54 and your file port is 8087 then anyone going to http://74.208.192.54:8087 in their browser will connect and return the flash client, which will start automatically. The client connects back to the server on the packet port with a persistent connection for exchanging packets. If you have your own domain name, you substitute it in instead of the raw IP. You still have to append the file port number however (unless it's 80). If you set "Directory listing" to Yes in the System settings, you can list your site at http://www.pokermavens.net. If you set a site password, it will go in the Private Server list.
and i was also planning to build a website consisting of a couple of pages and one of the menu buttons loads the game is it possible to do that?
I mean if i want to put a regular website on my vps where do i place all the files and index page on the desk top?
Yes you can do that. You can use the IIS web server that came with your VPS or you can use another web site located anywhere in the world. Just have that button or link point to the poker server URL as described above. You can also embed the poker server URL in an iframe tag if you want it to appear inside an existing web page. I disabled the IIS web server on my VPS so I'm not sure where the index.html file goes. You'll probably have to check the Microsoft docs on that. Or if someone here knows, they can chime in.