installing on a remote server

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Mr.Victor

Re: installing on a remote server

Post by Mr.Victor »

Nevermind. I figured it out. I added ports 8087 and 8088 to a new inbound rule in the firewall. All set.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote: The server at 64.120.167.58 is taking too long to respond.

I'm thinking it may be a firewall thing but not sure.
It's either a firewall issue or your host provider has not initialized your account. It should have come with the Microsoft IIS web server already installed on port 80. Did you disable that? If not, then you should see some kind of default web page at http://64.120.167.58. But that doesn't work either and running ping or tracert against it just returns "request timed out" errors so my guess is that something isn't initialized properly on your account.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Kent for some reason my dedicated server rebooted unexpectedly some time early this morning so that may be why you couldn't see anything. My game server was down when I just checked. I just started it back up. I don't know why it didn't start up automatically. That is strange. I have it set to auto-start on bootup. As far as the firewall issue, it's all set now but boy do I hope this doesn't happen on a regular basis. I moved over from my VPS to this hoping it would be faster and more stable. I hope I'm not sorely dissapointed.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:I don't know why it didn't start up automatically. That is strange. I have it set to auto-start on bootup.
The Auto Start feature is associated with the current user. A rebooted server doesn't automatically start a windows session since all accounts are password protected, so there is no current user until you actually log in. There are registry settings you can make to force an automated login at bootup. In a future version of Poker Mavens, I plan on making the game server run as a Windows service (as opposed to a Windows application) and thus no one will need to be logged in.