Recorded Hand Histories

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mr.Victor

Recorded Hand Histories

Post by Mr.Victor »

I'm just curious why the HHs in the data folder are formatted the way they are. It makes it tough if I want to review a hand or if a player request a hand history since it only shows the holecards in the ** Deck ** part at the end (and in the order of cards dealt which makes it harder to decipher) unless there was a showdown.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Recorded Hand Histories

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:I'm just curious why the HHs in the data folder are formatted the way they are. It makes it tough if I want to review a hand or if a player request a hand history since it only shows the holecards in the ** Deck ** part at the end (and in the order of cards dealt which makes it harder to decipher) unless there was a showdown.
I pretty much follow the same style as the major online sites do (i.e., PokerStars, Full Tilt, etc.) The ** Deck ** line is only recorded on the server side file and is only included as an auditing/statistical aid. And it's only written after the hand has completed for security reasons.

On the client side, each player gets their own "Dealt to player [Ah Ad]" line in their hand history window so that is the copy they need to examine if they want to see what their own cards were. Unfortunately Flash doesn't allow me to create local files so the player has to remember to copy them to the clipboard before they close the table. Then they can be pasted locally in NotePad or other text editor.