importing players and player account creation

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Mr.Victor

importing players and player account creation

Post by Mr.Victor »

1) Is there a way I can import players into the system? I run a live league with a player database that I'd like to move over to PM.

2) I'd also like to know if there is a way I can disallow people create accounts freely either by disabling player account creation on the front end or by some kind of activation feature.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: importing players and player account creation

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:1) Is there a way I can import players into the system? I run a live league with a player database that I'd like to move over to PM.
Poker Mavens contains an API that has many server functions, including player account creation. You can use a web scripting language like PHP, ASP.net, etc. to call the API. See the docs in the help file or on the web site for more info.

2) I'd also like to know if there is a way I can disallow people create accounts freely either by disabling player account creation on the front end or by some kind of activation feature.
Yes, there's a setting on the System tab for disabling account creation in the flash client.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Mr.Victor wrote:1) Is there a way I can import players into the system? I run a live league with a player database that I'd like to move over to PM.
Poker Mavens contains an API that has many server functions, including player account creation. You can use a web scripting language like PHP, ASP.net, etc. to call the API. See the docs in the help file or on the web site for more info.

Great! Would I be able to do a bulk import with this?

Yes, there's a setting on the System tab for disabling account creation in the flash client.

Perfect. Just what I was looking for!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:
Great! Would I be able to do a bulk import with this?
You would need to write some kind of script that processed your accounts in a loop.