Outbox vs Sent Messages

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
social

Outbox vs Sent Messages

Post by social »

I know I am dumb already...but can somebody help me understand the difference between the Outbox and the Sent Messages functions.
I don't understand why some of the PMs I send seem to be listed in the Sent Messages, while some seem to end up in the Outbox?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Outbox vs Sent Messages

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:I know I am dumb already...but can somebody help me understand the difference between the Outbox and the Sent Messages functions.
I don't understand why some of the PMs I send seem to be listed in the Sent Messages, while some seem to end up in the Outbox?
I think hitting the "Save" button just puts your message in the Outbox without sending it. You want to click the "Submit" button to actually send your private message.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
social wrote:I know I am dumb already...but can somebody help me understand the difference between the Outbox and the Sent Messages functions.
I think hitting the "Save" button just puts your message in the Outbox without sending it. You want to click the "Submit" button to actually send your private message.
Umm, no, that doesn't seem to be it.
I clicked on the PM icon to the right of somebody's post, and rewrote a message I had tried to send earlier.
I clicked the SUBMIT button.
The message went into the Outbox.
Now it looks like I sent it twice. (sorry, canadawest :oops: )
I don't understand the difference between Outbox and Sent box.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Umm, no, that doesn't seem to be it.
Yeah I just sent some PM's to myself. The save button just stores it in a Drafts folder. The Submit button sends it and then switches to an Outbox view showing what you just sent. And if you switch to the Sent view, it also shows it there plus all your previous sent messages. But if you switch back to the Outbox, it is empty. So I guess the Outbox is just a temporary thing showing the last PM sent?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:But if you switch back to the Outbox, it is empty. So I guess the Outbox is just a temporary thing showing the last PM sent?
Nope, scratch that. I googled "phpBB Outbox" and found the answer. Stuff in your Outbox has not been read by the recipient yet and can be cancelled. When the recipient has read it, it gets moved into your Sent box.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:But if you switch back to the Outbox, it is empty. So I guess the Outbox is just a temporary thing showing the last PM sent?
Nope, scratch that. I googled "phpBB Outbox" and found the answer. Stuff in your Outbox has not been read by the recipient yet and can be cancelled. When the recipient has read it, it gets moved into your Sent box.
OK, thanks, Kent.