For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 2.78 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade patches:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Added "Ring game error" and "Tournament error" to Callback Events. If a ring table or tournament crashes with a fatal error, you can have the server notify you by calling a script on your web site. Typically you would program your script to send the administrator an email alerting them to the problem. An error parameter is included that shows the error written to the Error logs.

Fixed bug in client where chat scrolled 1 line past list bottom after the first 100 lines.

Fixed bug where error logs were ignoring the Data Folder setting. This bug goes all the way back to version 2.00. No matter what you specified as the "Data folder" in the Server Settings group, the program would ignore that and save the error log files in the default folder. The event files, on the other hand, were properly saved in the specified data folder so you could have logs being saved in two different places. The location of the default data folder depends on your version of Windows and your Windows user name.

For older versions of Windows (2000, XP, 2003) it would be:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Poker Mavens\

For newer versions of Windows (Vista, 2008, 7) it would be:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Poker Mavens\

If you are not using the default data folder then you should check this path for a "Logs" subfolder and clear out any error log files that have accumulated.
Demented

Re: Poker Mavens 2.78 Released

Post by Demented »

Does this have a fix for the tables having fatal errors that will allow the game client to be ended without the table(s) closing, or just a call feature to let us know we have to restart the server?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:Does this have a fix for the tables having fatal errors that will allow the game client to be ended without the table(s) closing, or just a call feature to let us know we have to restart the server?
Sort of. I've yet to find what caused that "sorted list" error than occurred on CentPoker. However, the table should close fully now instead of remaining stuck in limbo because I moved the close command outside of the exception loop. And hopefully you should be able to just put it back online without restarting the server. In fact the callback code could attempt to put it back online automatically via the API. Although I still want to know when that happens. If we can determine a pattern when that occurs it would help track down the root cause.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Ok, sweet. Probably will upgrade the client tonight or tomorrow morning. If it ever happens again, I'll email the error log, hand history, and status of the table again, as well as any error events on the server if one exists.
[HOF] Lutin*

Post by [HOF] Lutin* »

Hello,

I'm new here, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

I can't update our 2.62 pro version to 2.78.

I get the following error message:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 2\PMServer.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.
I'm sure we have the Pro version and that we picked the right file for updating. We run the software on a virtual server but I have enough right to modify the files and this files are not read-only.

Should I try to update to an intermediate version first? Or can I delete the PMServer.exe before the update without trouble?

Thank you in advance, we love this software.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

[HOF] Lutin* wrote: An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
You have to stop and shut down the older version before running the patch. The Exe file can't be replaced if it's still running.