hey

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Alex

hey

Post by Alex »

it wont' let me close ring game 2...just says closing?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: hey

Post by Kent Briggs »

Alex wrote:it wont' let me close ring game 2...just says closing?
Does it show any players still seated there? If so you might have to terminate them manually. If not, there must have been a fatal error in the table's thread (check the error log) and the game server will need to be closed down and restarted.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Just want to let you know we ran into this issue again. We tried taking the table offline, but it was stuck in the closing phase. Since it was stuck in the middle of a hand and it still showed users at it, though they were no longer logged in, it prompted me to terminate those connections before stopping the client or closing it down, as well as prompting me to close the table. Neither of which could be done which left me with the only option of restarting the entire server to shut down the game client.

Is there any way that issues like this can be prevented in the future?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:Just want to let you know we ran into this issue again. We tried taking the table offline, but it was stuck in the closing phase. Since it was stuck in the middle of a hand and it still showed users at it, though they were no longer logged in, it prompted me to terminate those connections before stopping the client or closing it down, as well as prompting me to close the table. Neither of which could be done which left me with the only option of restarting the entire server to shut down the game client.

Is there any way that issues like this can be prevented in the future?
Do you have error logging enabled? If so, was anything recorded there?
Demented

Post by Demented »

Logging is on, but it didn't record anything.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:Logging is on, but it didn't record anything.
You should upgrade to 2.76. I fixed a bug where closing a table didn't always register at the server and it continued to send packets for that table. That may be related to what you are seeing.
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'll upgrade it later and hope that it doesn't happen again.