Any plan for decimal amounts?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Krustbox

Any plan for decimal amounts?

Post by Krustbox »

Hi there. I've tried out the trial version of this software and I must say it is absolutely fantastic. I've been looking for something like this for months now and I'm going to make a purchase as soon as i can. I was curious if there were any plans for the future to implement decimal amounts into the chip balance system? So that player balances can handle numbers like 125.75 and also tables created with blinds at 0.25/0.50? I have no idea how difficult this would be to program in which is why i'm simply asking out of curiosity. :mrgreen:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Any plan for decimal amounts?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Krustbox wrote:I was curious if there were any plans for the future to implement decimal amounts into the chip balance system?
Eventually, yes. The current version was designed mainly for play money and will need some security and accounting improvements first.
Krustbox

Post by Krustbox »

Great news. Can't wait. Keep up the great work! :mrgreen:
Krustbox

Post by Krustbox »

By the way, do you have a rough estimate of how soon "Eventually" is? I don't mean to be annoying i'm just really really really excited by your software! You can count me as a Gold version buyer for sure right when i have the extra dough! Great program!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Krustbox wrote:By the way, do you have a rough estimate of how soon "Eventually" is? I don't mean to be annoying i'm just really really really excited by your software! You can count me as a Gold version buyer for sure right when i have the extra dough! Great program!
Hopefully in version 3 next year. I'm still working on a few issues in version 2, however.
Krustbox

Post by Krustbox »

Roger that. You also mentioned improving security. If I were to put some sort of value to the play money on the current version, for people to bid on prizes for example, would this attract trouble even with remote server access turned off? I'm not a hax0r so i don't know these things. 8-)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Krustbox wrote:Roger that. You also mentioned improving security. If I were to put some sort of value to the play money on the current version, for people to bid on prizes for example, would this attract trouble even with remote server access turned off? I'm not a hax0r so i don't know these things. 8-)
I recommend using the whitelist options for both the Remote Admin and API features (if enabled) along with long passwords. Keep an eye on your Error logs for failed remote admin log attempts. And always make sure you are up to date with the latest patch. Everyone on the newsletter list (http://www.briggsoft.com/news.htm) gets an email when an update is available.
Krustbox

Post by Krustbox »

Man you have great response time! Thanks for all your help and information, I look forward to buying a license soon! :D
Krustbox

Post by Krustbox »

One more question. If i purchase the Pro version I am able to upgrade to the gold version for $400 at a later time?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Krustbox wrote:One more question. If i purchase the Pro version I am able to upgrade to the gold version for $400 at a later time?
Yes, you just pay the difference. Lite to Pro is $70 and Pro to Gold is $400.