Is this possible....

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
betmylines

Is this possible....

Post by betmylines »

Hi All,

I know you can have certain players to create tournaments or ring games... but is it possible to have that tournaments/ring games created by that player to only have his players access to it without having to make the games private? For example, my website has 2 different accounts, "bookie" and "players" account. what I'm trying to say here is.... when bookie "A" creates a tournaments/ring game, is it possible to have only his players can access to those games he created? so any players from bookie "B" can't access to it unless those players are an approved player of Bookie "A"...

Also is it possible to make each players have a different chip balance? like if Player is an approved player of bookie "A" and "B"... when that player plays at bookie "A" tables then only the chip balance on the account of Bookie "A" is +/-... and when that player plays at bookie "B" tables then only the chip balance on the account of bookie "B" is +/-...

I hope you guys are understanding my point as I'm only good at explaining it verbally rather than literally.... :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Is this possible....

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote: I know you can have certain players to create tournaments or ring games... but is it possible to have that tournaments/ring games created by that player to only have his players access to it without having to make the games private? For example, my website has 2 different accounts, "bookie" and "players" account. what I'm trying to say here is.... when bookie "A" creates a tournaments/ring game, is it possible to have only his players can access to those games he created? so any players from bookie "B" can't access to it unless those players are an approved player of Bookie "A"...
The only way to restrict access to a tournament or ring game is to give it a password. With a tournament, you can register players using the API and never have to tell them the password. You can't do that with a ring game, however.
Also is it possible to make each players have a different chip balance? like if Player is an approved player of bookie "A" and "B"... when that player plays at bookie "A" tables then only the chip balance on the account of Bookie "A" is +/-... and when that player plays at bookie "B" tables then only the chip balance on the account of bookie "B" is +/-...
You can do whatever you want with account balances via the API. You cannot set different stack sizes for individual players at the table, however.
betmylines

Post by betmylines »

Is it possible to:

1. Disable Account = > "Change Info" in the PM app?

2. Change "Location" column to "what_ever_you_like"?

thanks.....
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote:Is it possible to:
Not directly but you can add the player's name to the blacklist and it has the same effect:

Connections tab, Blacklist, View Blacklist, Add, Player name, Ok
2. Change "Location" column to "what_ever_you_like"?
You can use the Language tab settings to change any text that appears in the client:

Account Dialog -> Location label, Location description, Location length message, Filtered location message
Lobby Columns -> Logins: Location

Then back on the System tab, set "Use custom language" to Yes at the top of the Client Settings group.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote:Is it possible to:
Oops, I might have misunderstood what you were asking here. You can disable the Account|Change Info function in the player client by setting "Allow account changes" to No in the Account Settings group on the System tab.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Kent Briggs wrote:
betmylines wrote:
Also is it possible to make each players have a different chip balance?
You can do whatever you want with account balances via the API. You cannot set different stack sizes for individual players at the table, however.
You can, in effect, give each player a different starting stack. Our Annual Championship qualifiers can win multiple "seats" to the tournament. Before the tournay starts, we will disable chip transfer, set each player's account balance in multiples of the buyin amount (eg 1 seat = 1000, 2 seats = 2000, 5 seats = 5000) then the tournament is an unlimited re-buy with 1000 chip buyin. Voila!

As Kent says, you can do almost anything with api. Managing "Bookie" account balances with transfers to and from the Bookie's players wouldn't be too complicated. Create a password protected custom api admin page for each Bookie and let them control their players balances, access to their tourneys and whatever else you want to let them do.

There are quite a few good php guys on here who like to help (for beer money, lol). PM and let me know what you need.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote: You can, in effect, give each player a different starting stack. Our Annual Championship qualifiers can win multiple "seats" to the tournament. Before the tournay starts, we will disable chip transfer, set each player's account balance in multiples of the buyin amount (eg 1 seat = 1000, 2 seats = 2000, 5 seats = 5000) then the tournament is an unlimited re-buy with 1000 chip buyin. Voila!
Of course they can only rebuy when their chip stack is at or below the starting amount but that's still a clever idea. ;)