New to This..

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
betmylines

New to This..

Post by betmylines »

Hi All,

I'm new to this software and i wanted to get more information about it. I'm still confused about a few things...

1. How can you get this to run on your own server. ( I have a dedicated server)

2. How do you manage this on your own server without having to download the software into your PC.

3. How do I go about to integrate the user info and password to this software? my system uses (php and mysql db)..

I've tested out the Trail version and it looks pretty confusing how to set it up and running (to me at least). Help and guidance will be greatly appreciated. :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: New to This..

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote: 1. How can you get this to run on your own server. ( I have a dedicated server)
2. How do you manage this on your own server without having to download the software into your PC.
3. How do I go about to integrate the user info and password to this software? my system uses (php and mysql db)..
I've tested out the Trail version and it looks pretty confusing how to set it up and running (to me at least). Help and guidance will be greatly appreciated. :D
Is your dedicated server running Windows (Windows Server 2003 or 2008)? Just log into it as the Administrator from your desktop PC using Remote Desktop Connection, which is probably already installed on your desktop PC. From there, you have full control over it to install and run the Poker Mavens app. You can configure RDC so that your local drives appear in the copy of Windows Explorer running on your server. Then you can copy & paste files back and forth.

Poker Mavens has its own internal player account system. You can interact with it via PHP (or any other language) using the Poker Mavens API. See the Technical Info section of the help file for more on that. See the "Getting Started" section of the help file for getting online quickly.
betmylines

Post by betmylines »

This is my server information:

Processor Info:
Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
Processor #1 speed: 3192.169 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 2048 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
Processor #2 speed: 3192.169 MHz
Processor #2 cache size: 2048 KB

Processor #3 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #3 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
Processor #3 speed: 3192.169 MHz
Processor #3 cache size: 2048 KB

Processor #4 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #4 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
Processor #4 speed: 3192.169 MHz
Processor #4 cache size: 2048 KB

Memory Info:
Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
Memory: 2070716k/2095664k available (2080k kernel code, 23668k reserved, 869k data, 220k init, 1178160k highmem)

Currently running on a Linux OS.... Based on these info.. how much players account can my server handle? can it handle ~100K players all at once with 1,000+ online poker tables? all running live online? will it crash???
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote:Currently running on a Linux OS.... Based on these info.. how much players account can my server handle?
Well none since Poker Mavens is a Windows app, not a Linux app.
can it handle ~100K players all at once with 1,000+ online poker tables? all running live online? will it crash???
No where near that. You could probably get several hundred per server, but not in the thousands. Each connection uses two threads and each table uses one so you would run out of RAM long before then, especially since it's a 32-bit app. But you can't expect to duplicate PokerStars on a $100 or $500 investment. :|
betmylines

Post by betmylines »

So I can't purchase your poker app. because i have a linux dedicated server?? is there anyway we can go around that or do you or anybody here knows any other website(s) that offers similar products but for linux servers?? Help here will be greatly appreciated.. :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote:So I can't purchase your poker app. because i have a linux dedicated server?? is there anyway we can go around that or do you or anybody here knows any other website(s) that offers similar products but for linux servers?? Help here will be greatly appreciated.. :D
Windows is Windows. Linux is Linux. Macs are Macs. All completely different operating systems. Supposedly Linux has Windows emulators (one is called Wine) but I have no experience with those.
betmylines

Post by betmylines »

so I guess the only way me to use your poker app. is to run it through wine...?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

betmylines wrote:so I guess the only way me to use your poker app. is to run it through wine...?
Or get a Windows server.
betmylines

Post by betmylines »

Does anyone here knows if poker maven works well with WINE?