Missing buttons

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Demented

Re: Missing buttons

Post by Demented »

The same bug was reported in the 2.6 beta thread, so I'm sure we're not the only ones with the issue. I also only repeated what Alex has sent you in emails, or so I am told. From my knowledge, he already contacted you about the beta fix not being a complete fix because of that issue with people who use the time bank. I just don't see how the beta fix is even a real solution, no offence. It just has a very big flaw in it, unless there is more to it like the time bank button loading for people all the time, even when they have 0 seconds left, or anything else that we have not been told about it.

If I upset you I apologize. It's just upsetting to me to be getting complaints about the chat color and missing button issue every time I log on, and there's nothing more I can do about it but complain to you.
Alex

Post by Alex »

No I just haven't upgraded yet just in case something goes wrong because I am away right now, and I wanted to upgrade when I was home so if something did happen nothing to major could happen.

It should be upgraded in a few days...Sorry.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:From my knowledge, he already contacted you about the beta
Nope, I've heard nothing since creating that last weekend.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Nope, I've heard nothing since creating that last weekend.
Well, then I apologize. Seems I have been getting false information. :|
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:I just don't see how the beta fix is even a real solution, no offence. It just has a very big flaw in it, unless there is more to it like the time bank button loading for people all the time, even when they have 0 seconds left, or anything else that we have not been told about it.
And by the way, the time warning comes when there are 10 seconds left to act. The fix I made in the beta refreshes the buttons then, even if there's no time left in the player's time bank.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:I just got reports from multiple people saying there have been missing buttons periodically. Everything but the time bank button. This is on 2.62.
I think I finally found the root cause of this. I bet this situation always happened on a player's first hand at a ring table and they were first to act. I can reproduce it every time now by doing the following:

Player 1 takes a seat on an empty ring game table just right of the button.

Player 2 takes a seat just left of the button and immediately clicks their "Start Now" button before the cards are dealt.

Player 2 will be first to act and this bet buttons will flash on and back off immediately and his hand will time out.

An erroneous "Clear buttons" command was sent a second time because the hand started automatically when the player was already in the big blind position or was in heads up play. This will be fixed soon in 2.63.
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Greetings,

I am at version 2.65 and had another player with missing buttons last night. I could have sworn this problem was fixed, but then got to thinking that it might have crawled back in the program, along with the old security issue.

cuervo5150
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:I am at version 2.65 and had another player with missing buttons last night. I could have sworn this problem was fixed, but then got to thinking that it might have crawled back in the program, along with the old security issue.
I could have just been a disconnect/reconnect issue. Let me know if it happens again. The original bug was caused by someone joining a ring table and clicking the Start Now button right before it was their turn. That button click wasn't removed from their queue right away so the server thought it was their response to the bet buttons and thus only displayed them for a fraction of a second.

By the way, the security problem re-occurred because I had already been working on version 2.40 code when someone discovered that bug in 2.36 as I was preparing to leave town for some family business. So I rushed out a fix in version 2.37 before I left and (apparently) forgot to fix the 2.40 code also that I had been working on. Doh!
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Oops, I forgot to mention that it was during a tournament, not at a ring game. We'll see if we can recreate it tonight as it was only one person.

Thanx,

cuervo5150
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

i ran a number of tests to figure out this issue being there was no answer. the missing buttons happen 2 ways.. and i did this multiple of times to make sure my answer is accurate along with my users help. when a number of users registered for a tournament are playing at ring tables at the time the tournament table pops up and throws everyone at there tables in the tournament, the missing buttons occur..not on everyone but on a number of them. when they refresh the page, log back back in and the table comes up.. the buttons are good and everything runs fine. Also the missing buttons will occur if the server end connection is dropped..even for a couple seconds..this is exceptable being its losing packets and causes the server to go offline and back on..should def. put some sort of refresh for when the server drops and comes back on.

Note to server admins..to prevent connection drops..you can either run the server on a seperate machine than the one you use daily which is what i do. If you only have one computer and plan to run the server, do have to much activity such as downloading @ highspeeds and high memory applications running at the same time you plan to run your games.

Hope this helps kent..and all you poker maven users..