PM Directory Listing Link

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
CanadaWest

PM Directory Listing Link

Post by CanadaWest »

Hi Kent,

I just discovered that the link from the Pokermavens.net directory takes players directly to to our gameserver; bypassing our website. We are using our own pages to manage the ad frames, so linking directly to the gameserver is not good. Is there any way that listing can link to the website instead?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: PM Directory Listing Link

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:Hi Kent,

I just discovered that the link from the Pokermavens.net directory takes players directly to to our gameserver; bypassing our website. We are using our own pages to manage the ad frames, so linking directly to the gameserver is not good. Is there any way that listing can link to the website instead?
You could put your web site in as the "Internet IP address" but it's going to append the File Port number to the end (unless it's 80) so the only way that would work is if the game server was on a different IP than your web site so they could both have the same port number. I'll look into making that optional in a future version.
CanadaWest

Re: PM Directory Listing Link

Post by CanadaWest »

I have 2 ip addresses.

I suppose the easy thing to do would be to change the gameserver to the unused ip and then change the port for iis website?

I'll look into it. thanks
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca