Assign numbers to players?

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
SVTF

Assign numbers to players?

Post by SVTF »

Would there be a way to assign a number to players as the join, for example the first person to create an account would be 1 and the second person to create an account would be 2 etc. And then under the accounts tab just left of the players name have their assigned number.

But also having a feature as an administrator the ability to assign/change the numbers to players.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Assign numbers to players?

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:Would there be a way to assign a number to players as the join, for example the first person to create an account would be 1 and the second person to create an account would be 2 etc. And then under the accounts tab just left of the players name have their assigned number.

But also having a feature as an administrator the ability to assign/change the numbers to players.
What would you use that for? If the admin could change the number then it would be harder to make it automatic without reusing a number. The account system is already keyed on a unique player name. I'd be more likely inclined to just create a single "Custom" field that the admin could fill with whatever they wanted.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Kent Briggs wrote:
SVTF wrote:Would there be a way to assign a number to players as the join, for example the first person to create an account would be 1 and the second person to create an account would be 2 etc. And then under the accounts tab just left of the players name have their assigned number.

What would you use that for? If the admin could change the number then it would be harder to make it automatic without reusing a number. The account system is already keyed on a unique player name. I'd be more likely inclined to just create a single "Custom" field that the admin could fill with whatever they wanted.
Well the reason I was thinking of the admin field to assign/change the numbers would be so that I would not have to delete everyones current account and then have them resign up ... but maybe this is a silly idea.

I just wanted a way to be able to track usage of players by user number instead of use name.

Scratch from the wish list
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:I just wanted a way to be able to track usage of players by user number instead of use name.
You could still do that if there was a custom field. It just wouldn't be filled in automatically. Or you could just maintain an outside database that keyed each player to your own numbering system.